- Articles byStream
7 Famous Colleges to Study Photography in India
A picture speaks a thousand words and is far effective to connect to one than a written or a narrative form of the same description.
Photography is generally a passion that we all are attracted towards more or less. In this digital age the value of photography has increased manifold. It is getting as one of the glamourous professions, where name, fame and money come together in one stroke. That’s why nowadays, students at a younger age decide their career options, and finding a major interest in pursuing photography as a career.
Here are 8 glamourous colleges that will help you pursue with photography as your career option.
1. Film and Television Institute of India, Pune FTII, Pune was established in 1960 in New Delhi and shifted to Pune in 1974. It offers 3 years Post Graduate Diploma courses in direction, video-editing, script writing, cinematography and audiography. Aspiring candidates can apply to qualify the entrance exam that is held every year.
2. Indian Institute of Digital Art and Animation, Kolkata This institute is affiliated to Gulbarga University that conducts SET entrance exam for the interested candidates. They offer a 3 year B.Sc course and 2 year M.Sc course in Photography and Cinematography.
3. College of Art, University of Delhi This institute was established in 1942 and offers 4 years BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts) course and 2 years MFA (Masters in Fine Arts) course. Aspiring candidates require minimum 50 percentage of marks to apply for this institute.
4. Osmania University, Hyderabad Osmania University conducts an entrance test every year for students interested in pursuing Photography as their career option. This is a three year BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts) course.
5. Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi Jamia Milia Islamia University conducts an entrance exam every year for the aspiring students across the country. They offer one year certificate course in still photography and visual communication under self finance scheme.
6. Life and Light Academy, Ooty Established in September 2001 in Ooty, Tamil Nadu, LLA is counted as among the top colleges in Photography in India. This institute is one of the best colleges that provide lessons in professional photography. LLA also offers courses in printing and website designing.
7. Netaji Subhash Open University, Kolkata This is a Private deemed University which offers 2 years regular Diploma course in Basic Photography and Advanced Photography. Admissions are based on the marks obtained in 10+2 or any other equivalent qualifying examination.
8. Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida: Founded in the year 1993, AAFT is located in the Film City, Noida. This institute shortlists candidates on the basis of 10+2 qualifications. This college provides a three month full programme in still photography and journalism.
JEE Mains 2017 results will be declared soon and most of you must be waiting in anticipation to check your score and ...
The result for VITEEE 2017 was announced by VIT University on April 23. Students can check their result by logging into ...