The Indian Institute of Management - IIM Kozhikode has released the important instructions for CAT 2019 examination including the dos and don’ts for the exam. IIM Kozhikode is the conducting body of CAT 2019 exam based on which, IIMs and all other premier institutions of management in India will conduct their admission process for 2020-22 session in MBA and PGDM courses.
Check out the CAT 2019 exam day instructions, what to carry, rules and other guidelines in this article.
400 test venues in two sessions on the same date. The CAT examination is the first step to make the dream of studying in IIMs Across India which falls under the global leaders in business education, so, it is important for students to be aware of the Dos and Don’ts of the examinations to successfully cross the first step.
Prohibited Items in CAT 2019 Examination Halls
There are some restrictions for attempting the CAT 2019 as informed by IIM Kozhikode. The candidates are informed that they are not allowed to carry or wear jackets, shoes, jewellery, watch, mobile phone, bag, electronic gadgets, wallets and stationery items.
Getting Ready For CAT 2019 - Exam Day Tips
The tips for gearing up for CAT 2019 have been released by IIM Kozhikode such as carrying documents to successfully completing the exam for a smooth and hassle-free examination experience. Some tips are given below, which the students should pay heed to while appearing for the CAT exam.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card can be considered as the most important document for CAT 2019 examination. The admit card is mandatory to carry into the examination halls. The admit card is also known as the ‘Hall Ticket’ without which, the candidates cannot enter into the examination halls. The admit card carry many details of the candidate which are required for the examination. They are as follows:
- Registration Number
- Exam Date
- Time / Session
- PwD status
- Test city
- Test Center address
- Reference Number
The admit card for CAT 2019 examination has been circulated online. The students have to log in to their CAT portal accounts for getting the soft copy for the admit card. It is required that the candidate takes a printout of the admit card. The admit card does not only help the candidate with his/her examination details but also works as an identification document of the examinee to the examiners. After taking the print out of the admit card, candidates will have to affix their passport size photographs in the document and carry it to the examination hall.
Carry An Acceptable Government Issued Photo ID to CAT 2019 Examination Hall
Except for the admit card, another important step for examinee identity verification is checking their government-issued photo identity card/document. The CAT 2019 admit card will have the list of acceptable government IDs. The candidates are requested to take any of the following IDs to the examination hall.
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Employer ID
- College ID
- Identification affidavit
It is not mandatory to carry all the IDs mentioned above as many candidates may not have all of them. But it is requested that the candidate take all the IDs they possess from the given list for a smooth entry to the exam hall for CAT 2019.
CAT 2019 Exam Workflow
From reaching the exam centre to exiting it, there are certain workflows for the examination you have to follow one by one. The staff at the examination centres and the invigilator will assist you through the process and help you. We give you the detailed workflow of the CAT 2019 exam for your awareness
Dos and Don’ts For The CAT 2019 Exam Date
Below are some important guidelines regarding the dos and don’ts for the candidates of CAT examination 2019. The candidates will have to follow each point for a smooth examination experience.
Dos for CAT 2019 Examination
- Print the CAT 2019 admit card on an A4 size Paper. Check if the photo and the signature of the candidate are properly printed. CAT 2019 admit card will not be counted valid only if the candidate's photograph and signature images are not clear.
- If the candidate has to travel a long way to reach the examination hall, the candidate is requested to make necessary arrangements for travel, accommodation, food and any other expense.
- Before leaving for the test centre, verify and carry your original ID proof and the printed CAT 2019 admit card.
- The candidate is requested to have the digital admit card in their mobile phones. In the digital admit card, there is a google map link. The candidate can reach the examination centre without much trouble using the google maps link.
- The candidate must affix the photograph as required, there is an assigned space in the admit card where the photo has to be pasted with glue before handing over for verification at the CAT 2019 test centre. Candidates are requested to affix the same photograph which was previously uploaded during the CAT 2019 application process.
- Report at the CAT test centre latest by 7:30 AM for the initial forenoon session and at 1:00 PM for the final afternoon session.
- Deposit your belongings that are prohibited at the gate, thee arrangements will be made for this so that the students can drop their belongings.
- Silence must be observed and candidates should remain in queue during the entry to the test centre; frisking process; document verification and biometric verification and exiting the test centre
- Cooperative mentality with the Test Center staff is highly requested from the candidates during document verification process and frisking
- At the CBT console, use the mouse to select the right option as an answer for an MCQ. The student will have to to use the on-screen keyboard feature to answer a non-MCQ
- The writing pad with all pages intact will have to be returned along with the pen after completion of the examination to the hall invigilator.
- The students are free to ask for any kind of help required in the course of the exam from the test centre Invigilator who will be present in the exam lab.
- The attendance shall be marked in the form with the candidate’s signature when asked for in the CAT 2019 exam lab.
- Handover the duly signed admit card has to be returned to the Invigilator present in the CAT exam lab.
Don’ts for CAT 2019 Examination
- Do not attempt appearing for the CAT 2019 exam more than once to avoid cancellation.
- Do not request entry into the CAT test centre after 8:45 AM for the forenoon session and after 2:15 PM for the afternoon session. The exam will be cancelled for the candidate.
- Any kind of gadgets are prohibited into the exam Lab. Do not carry them with you. Otherwise, the examination will be cancelled for the candidate.
- Any attempt to cheat or copy answers from any peer is prohibited and will lead to paper cancellation.
- Refrain yourself from involving in any arguments with the test centre staff or candidates. The concerned authority will be compelled to take the strict decision which will be treated as final on the CAT test day.
- Do not use the keyboard ever during the examination; this will lock your computer system.
- Disturbing other candidates will lead to strict actions taken against the examinee.
- Any request for a bio-break will be entertained while inside the exam lab except medical emergency.
- If you have friends or relatives with you, do not allow them to accompany you beyond the gate of the test centre.
- No request for changing the test centre/console/exam lab on the exam day will be entertained.
- Do not provoke or encourage any other candidate to participate or commit any sort of malpractice.
- Do not waste writing pad pages as no extra writing pad will be given to the candidates.
- Carrying any page from the provided writing pad outside the exam lab is prohibited after the test.
- Do not apply henna or mehndi on the palm side. This instruction is mainly given to girls attempting the examination. This is suggested as applying mehndi on the palm side will cause trouble in capturing the candidate’s biometric fingerprint which is mandatory for entering the examination lab.
Relief to Carry Accessories Against CAT Exam Day Authorization Form
Though candidates are not allowed to carry any accessories and electronics inside the examination hall, they can take them inside only if they are necessary for their medical health prescribed by an MCI approved doctor. In that case, CAT authority will issue the candidate an authorisation form which is necessary to carry to the examination hall to get the permission.
In any case, the decisions of the Centre Examination authorities will be hailed as the final decision. Also, after appearing for CAT 2019 exam you can check out your predicted score on our CAT percentile predictor.
Also Read: How to Prepare for CAT 2019
We, at CollegeDekho, wish the CAT 2019 candidates all the best for the CAT 2019 result.