Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
JoSAA released the result of the JoSAA mock allotment 2022. Candidates can register for the JoSAA counselling and complete the choice-filling procedure from September 12, 2022, as per the official website josaa.nic.in. The counselling process commenced on September 12. JoSAA mock allotment is done in two phases. Both the dates of the mock allotment will be updated after the release of the official dates. Mock allotment of JoSAA 2022 gives candidates an idea about the actual seat allotment which is to be done. Candidates are advised to consider the mock allotment seriously and be very careful while filling out the choices. This article will put insight into the do’s and don’ts which is required to be followed after the completion of the JoSAA mock allotment.
What is JoSAA Mock Allotment?
JoSAA mock allotments are trail allotments. Candidates get a basic idea about the colleges and stream during the counselling process according to the ranks scored and category. Mock allotments are tentative in nature. On the basis of the mock seat allotments, candidates are allowed to make changes in their choices or preferences entered during the JoSAA application process. It helps the candidates to avoid the mistakes that are made during filling the options.
Do’s after JoSAA 2022 Mock Allotment
After checking the mock allotment result, the candidates can do the following tasks. Please note that the below Do’s are only suggestive and not mandatory.
- Firstly, check whether you got the allotment as per your first choice or not
- If you did not get an allotment as per the first choice, find out the reasons for the same. We suggest you check the previous year’s JoSAA opening & closing ranks of the respective institute
- After checking the previous years’ closing ranks and getting a basic idea, it is advisable to alter or edit the choices accordingly
- As per your rank in JEE Main/ Advanced, it is important to choose top NITs/ IITs/ IIITs/ GFTIs as the first five options
- It is always important to target multiple institutes instead of targeting a single institute in the counselling process. Therefore, choose any top 5 colleges as the first five options
- In the mock allotment, if you are allocated a college as per your second or third choice, try changing the choices again and check what happens in 2nd mock allotment
- If you are specifically looking for an allotment as per your region preference, choose the same as the first option and neighbouring institutes as the next three options.
- For example, if you are choosing NIT Andhra Pradesh as the first option, try choosing NIT Warangal as the second option, NIT Trichy as the third option. Smartly picking up the institutes as per the location preference plays an important role. However, you will need to choose the institutes only after checking at least the last 3 years’ JoSAA opening and closing ranks
- Understand that the registration process is still underway even after the announcement of the mock allotment result. Therefore, JoSAA mock allotment result can only be 60% accurate
Also Read: NIT B.Tech CSE Cutoff
Don’ts after JoSAA 2022 Mock Allotment
It is always important to avoid the following tasks after checking the JoSAA 2022 mock allotment –
- In the first and second mock allotment, if you got an allotment as per the first choice, it is advisable to not change or edit the choice order
- Do not edit the choices without checking the previous years’ closing ranks
- Do not lock the choices until the last date. It is important to check the second mock allotment as well and then lock the choices
- If you have a rank above 1,00,000, try choosing only those colleges that had a closing rank of abover1,00,000 in the last two years. Do not choose the colleges that had a closing rank below 50,000 in the previous years. Click here to check the list of colleges for low rank in JEE Main
If you still have some queries with regard to the mock allotment of JoSAA 2021, you can post your query through the Q & A section of CollegeDekho.
Also Read: NITs B.Tech Fee Structure 2022
For the latest JoSAA 2022 news & updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.