- Articles byStream
AIPMT 2016 Top Career Option for Medical Aspirants
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) 2016 on 1st May 2016 for admission to approximately 3500 MBBS and BDS seats in government medical and dental colleges of India except institutions in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir. AIPMT 2016 will be conducted in pen & paper mode at various designated exam centres across India for undergraduate medical and dental seats under 15% All India Quota.
AIPMT is considered as the most competitive undergraduate medical entrance exam of India which is taken by more than 6 lakh candidates annually for pursuing their dream of studying MBBS or BDS and becoming doctors.
There are also State Governments/ Universities/ Medical Institutions, which are voluntarily participating in AIPMT 2016 and will accept its merit list for admission to MBBS and BDS seats under their control. Some of these are Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Odisha, Rajasthan, Chandigarh, Delhi University, AFMC, BHU, Jamia Hamdard and others.
The pattern of exam is a single paper of 3 hours duration. There will be 180 multiple-choice questions from each of the four sections namely Physics, Chemistry & Biology. 4 Marks will be awarded for each correct answer and negative marking of 1 mark for incorrect answers. Minimum age limit is 17 years & maximum age limit is 25 years for General and 30 years for SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
With the AIPMT 2016 date of 01 May soon approaching, the aspiring students enter the final lap of preparation. This is an extremely important phase as it is time to consolidate and review your complete preparation. Here are a few important tips:
1. Decide a time limit and focus primarily on important topics as of now. Divide your time subject-wise.
2. Take a complete review of NCERT books. Make them your primary books to focus on during these days. Go thoroughly through the diagrams, tables and examples.
3. Give a few practice tests giving yourself 15-20 minutes less than the scheduled time. This helps to gain time on your side.
4. Solve the AIPMT pattern of mock tests during 10 am to 1pm, a week before the exams to match your biological clock with the AIPMT exam.
5. Try to clear your doubts with the help of your teachers and guides a week prior to avoid last minute time pressure.
6. Analyze the mistakes you have made while practicing previous years questions. Try not to repeat them.
7. Keep in mind that there are 180 questions in the AIPMT exam, and you have to complete all of them in 180 minutes. So, if you find any question difficult, do not waste 2-3 minutes on it. Speed during the exam matters a lot. Try to complete your test at least 5-10 minutes before the time limit.
8. Another important thing you need to keep in mind is negative marking done in AIPMT exam. It is better to not answer the question, rather than answer it wrongly.
9. Take a final look at your admit card instructions to avoid last minute panic situations.
10. Take sporadic breaks for a short walk or some music. Stay away from social networking and phone calls to friends as they take away precious time.
11. Remember every battle is first won in the mind. So be strong and keep the unnecessary worries away. In case of any anxiety, always speak to your parents, friends and mentors.
12. With the exams near, pressure mounts. Stay calm. Remember pressure makes diamonds! The power of positive thinking is profound, be confident.
Author: Sandeep Singhal, Head – Operations, PACE IIT & Medical
MAT 2017 computer based test (CBT) was conducted on February 11, 2017, by AIMA. Over 20000 candidates appeared for ...
After the GATE 2017 results were released yesterday (26th March 2017), candidates were eagerly awaiting the score ...