- Articles byStream
NMAT by GMAC™ - Know About Features, Exam Pattern & Colleges Accepting NMAT Scores
Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM), which is the parent body responsible for NMIMS, started with a genuine bid to help the community with a quality education. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), with a legacy of being one of the early leaders in Management education, is not only one of the top-10 B-schools in India but has also become one of the most successful multi-disciplinary University with four campuses at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru & Hyderabad. Additionally, it also includes 11 constituent schools that include Management, Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Commerce, Business Economics, Science, Law, Aviation, & Liberal Arts both in regular mode and Distance Learning mode. It has more than 12000 students and 450 full-time faculty members.
The School of Business Management (SBM), Mumbai, a part of SVKM’s NMIMS, is a Deemed to be University (under Section 3, UGC Act 1956).
It offers two years full - time programs
- MBA - Human Resources (HR)
- MBA - Pharmaceutical Management
The NMAT by GMAC™
The exam is a computer administered test and will be offered in a testing window from October 7, 2016 to December 20, 2016 for the academic session 2017-19.
The NMAT by GMAC™ is owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (GMGC), which is a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a Computer Based Test (CBT). CBT is administered at a pre-determined testing location in which the responses are digitally recorded, assessed or both.
The user interface is designed in such a way that requires computer skills. Test takers do not need to have prior computer experience to use CBT. It doesn’t take more time to complete a computerized test as compared to a paper & pencil version. It is user-friendly. As there are no test booklets and answer sheets to manage and no need to transfer answers manually to an answer sheet, a computerized test takes less time to complete.
Following are the advantages of a CBT as compared to a paper-and-pencil (p & p) test:
- Time saving
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Test security
- Differently abled test takers
- User interface
- On-site assistance
NMAT 2016 Exam Pattern:
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam has three (3) sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Each section is individually timed and test takers have to attempt questions of each section within an allotted time for the section. You cannot return to the previous section once he/she selects to move to the next section or if time runs out.
|Section||Number of Questions||Allotted Time (in minutes)|
NMAT by GMAC™ is of 120-minute duration. There is no negative marking – hence, it is advisable to make informed guesses and attempt all questions without the fear of deduction in marks.
Balance time of one section doesn’t get added onto the next section. You should take the exam as a collection of “three individually timed” sections and they need to perform their best in each of the three sections in the given section time.
NMAT 2016 Exam Structure and Features
- Test takers can choose the order of sections.
- All of the three sections are individually timed. Test takers need to answer and review the questions of a particular section within the allotted time for that section.
- If you complete answering and reviewing a section before the allotted section time expires, he/she has the option to choose either to revise the section or move to the next section. You can review the sections of the exam within the allotted section time.
- One can either move directly to unanswered questions, flagged for those marked as review questions or review all or any questions through the Review Screen.
- You should report to the test centre with one valid primary ID and another secondary ID in original. Test takers who are unable to produce the above forms of valid ID (non–expired and in original) will not be admitted to the testing room and further not be offered a test-fee refund.
Features of NMAT by GMAC™
- 75-day test window – (Oct 7, 2016 to Dec 20, 2016) – A long test window provides test takers the convenience of choosing a test date.
- Choice for test takers to choose 7 programmes of NMAT by GMAC™ accepting Universities for publishing score as part of the registration fees. INR 200 + applicable taxes per each additional programmme (in excess of 7) will be charged.
- Self-scheduling option – Test takers have the choice to select the date and time of the test in a real time mode, based on seats availability at each of the centres.
- Option to retake the exam – Test takers have an option of appearing more than once (up to three maximum attempts, including “no shows”). This provides test takers with an opportunity to improve their scores.
- Unique exam for every test taker – Every test taker will get a unique but an equivalent exam.
- Equated results - The test taker scores will be declared within a span of 4-5 weeks from the date of test delivery. These shall be equated to bring about parity and fairness and will keep test takers informed in a timely manner.
Advantage of having a 75-day window to test:
NMAT offers a 75-day window that enables you to give your best performance and reduce the stress associated with a single sitting test or test offered in a short time window. The longer test window allows you to take the test when you are best prepared. It offers you the opportunity to retake the test with a maximum of 3 attempts, including "No Show", in case you feel that your performance is not up to your expectation can improve their performance in retake attempt.
The result of NMAT by GMAC™ will be announced within 4 to 5 weeks after the day you have written the test. You will get the scaled score. However, the percentile scores will be calculated only after all the test takers have taken their exam. Please refer to the official website of NMAT for final result announcement date.
Colleges Accepting NMAT 2016 Scores:
NMAT by GMAC™ scores are accepted by following Universities/ Business Schools:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- ICFAI Business School (IBS)
- Alliance University
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- VIT University
- Thapar School of Management
- BML Munjal University
- Amity University
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- SRM University
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- Chitkara University
- Institute of Management, JK University
- Ansal University
- Mody University
- Shoolini University
- Shiv Nadar University
- Gitam School of International Business
The JEE Mains exam 2017 saw registration of a record 1.40 million candidates, out of which, about participation fared ...
Mr. Dhanajay Munde, a senior NCP leader requested the Chief Minister of Maharashtra not to implement JEE Mains ...