Become Job Ready with CollegeDekho Assured Program
Learn More

CGBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23: Check Subject Pattern and Marking Scheme

Diksha Sharma
Diksha SharmaUpdated On: September 21, 2022 04:58 pm IST

CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 has been released by the Board. Check here the changes in pattern along with the detailed subject wise exam pattern.

Chhattisgarh class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23
examUpdate

Never Miss an Exam Update

CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 is released every year by the Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education. The exam pattern is released by the board on the official website through official notification. CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 consist of the design of the question paper which will cover what type of questions will be asked in the exam, how much weightage will different sections have, what will be the marking scheme, etc. The students must go through the exam pattern before their exam which will help them prepare accordingly and score good marks in the exam.

The following page will overview the CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 in detail while covering the important details such as changes, marking scheme, subject wise pattern, grading system, and more.

Important Links

Changes Introduced in CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern

The Chhattisgarh decides the exam pattern for class 12th based on the requirement of evaluation in the current academic year and adjusts it accordingly. This year, the board has decided to lower the overall syllabus by 30%. This is followed by CBSE also reducing their syllabus this year. There has been some objective type questions added to the question paper for Chhattisgarh Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23. These objective type questions will formulate 30% of the question paper while the descriptive questions will formulate 70% of the question paper. This year, board will be calculating the overall score of the candidates based on theory paper and internal assessments.

Why is Chhattisgarh Board Bringing These Changes?

Chhattisgarh is introducing these changes to help the students manage their studies and stress for exams. The board also targets to provide a continuous assessment to the students through internal assessment criteria which will help to test the application and knowledge skills of the students.

CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 Highlights

The table below shows some of the main points related to Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 Highlights:

Exam Mode

Offline

Medium

Hindi & English

Duration

3 Hours

Type of Questions

Multiple Choice, Long/Short Questions

Subjects

Hindi, English Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Additional Subject

Total Marks

100

Negative Marking

NA

Theory Exam

80

Internal Assessment

20

Passing Marks

33% Aggregate in Each Subject & Overall

CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23

Some of the major points which will describe Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 are listed below:

  • The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration.
  • The total marks for the language papers will be 100.
  • The marks for theory paper for subjects with practicals will be 70. The remaining 30 marks will be added for practicals.
  • 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment.
  • The qualifying marks for Chhattisgarh class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate.
  • There will be no negative marking.

CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 Subject Wise

The following section will overview the subject wise Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23:

Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Maths & Geography

The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration. The total marks for the papers will be 100. The marks for theory paper for subjects with practicals will be 75. The remaining 15 marks will be added for practicals. 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment. The qualifying marks for Chhattisgarh class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate. There will be no negative marking.

Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology

The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration. The total marks for the papers will be 100. The marks for theory paper for subjects with practicals will be 60. The remaining 40 marks will be added for practicals. 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment. The qualifying marks for Chhattisgarh class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate. There will be no negative marking.

Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Other Subjects

The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration. The total marks for the language papers will be 100. 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment. The qualifying marks for Chhattisgarh class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate. There will be no negative marking.

CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2023 - Marking Scheme

Along with the exam pattern, it is also very essential for the students to be aware of the marking scheme for Chhattisgarh class 12th exam. This will help the students understand how the marks are allotted and how can they gain higher marks in the exam. The marking scheme as per Chhattisgarh Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 is given below:

  • The maximum marks for each paper will be 100.
  • There will be no negative marking. 0 marks will be awarded for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
  • The candidates must acquire a minimum of 35 marks or an aggregate of 33% in each subject and overall to pass the exam. 

The marking scheme as per the division of questions for Chhattisgarh Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 is as follows:

Question Types

Marking Scheme

½ marks Questions

12 Questions (12 X 1/2 = 6 Marks)

1 marks Questions

8 Questions (8 X 1 = 8 Marks)

2 marks Questions

8 Questions (8 X 2 = 16 Marks)

4 marks Questions

5 Questions (5 X 4 = 20 Marks)

Total Marks

50 Marks

Chhattisgarh Class 12th Exam Pattern for Internal Assessment

The internal assessment will be conducted at the school level and will be finally added to the overall score of the candidates. The internal assessment as per CGBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 has been divided into multiple components such as:

Internal Assessment

20 Marks

Test 1 MCQ

4 Marks

Test 2 MCQ

4 Marks

Test 3 MCQ

4 Marks

Test 4 Descriptive

4 Marks

Test 5 Descriptive

4 Marks

Chhattisgarh Class 12th Grading System

The grading system has been adopted by all the 12th board including Chhattisgarh. Through this grading system, the Chhattisgarh uses a 9 point grading system to allot grades to the students based on their performance in the exam. Each grade has a bar of grade points and marks which is allotted to the students for each subject and overall. The Chhattisgarh Class 12th Grading System can be understood through the table below:

Marks

Grade

100-91

A1

90-81

A2

80-71

B1

70-61

B2

60-51

C1

50-41

C2

40-35

D

Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more Education News! You can also join our Telegram Group for the latest Education news & updates!

/cgbse-class-12-exam-pattern-brd

Do you have a question? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now

Latest Articles

Related Board News/Articles

Top