About Bannari Amman Institute of Technology
Nestled on the banks of the river Bhavani, BIT's campus provides environment for natural learning in harmony with nature, away from the odds of city life. The spacious and the earth hugging buildings punctuated with landscaped courtyards and pathways are designed to emphasize the business ethics and character of an excellent centre for learning. The campus hosts well planned academic blocks, computer centres, lecture halls, state of the art learning centre, laboratories, conference halls, staff quarters, hostel and students' centres. The campus also comprises a co-operative store, a bank with ATM and a clinic to attend to the general health of the students and staff. Adequate transport facilities are provided in the campus. BIT has the feel of a friendly hamlet while offering all the benefits of a citadel of learning.
Awards & Rankings
- Ranked 7th Position among TOP 10 Promising Engineering Colleges in India by India Today Survey 2017
- Secured 41st Rank in Top 100 Engineering Colleges Survey 2017 Conducted by OUTLOOK Magazine
- CII - 5S Excellence Award 2016 - Special Recognition
- First position in south zone among top 10 private institutes 2016, 5th position among top 25 private institutes 2016 (established before year 2000) & 6th position in India among top 100 private institutes 2016 in DQ-CMR Best Technical School Survey 2016
- Certificate of Accreditation was granted in Recognition for being a National Resource Centre of National Cyber Security Program (NCSP) for the academic year of 2016-17
- BIT was Rated AAA+ by Careers 360 Magazine
- Secured 62nd Rank in NIRF - MHRD India Ranking 2016
- National Entrepreneur Network Awarded Honour Roll in Entrepreneurship week held on 05.03.2016
- BIT has been recognized with IMC RBNQ Performance Excellence Trophy under Education Category of IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Awards 2015
- Secured 6th rank in the Dataquest Survey 2015
- The Society for Educational and Entrepreneurship development honour BIT with Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership Award 2015 for recognizing the outstanding work done by the Institution in establishing effective partnership with Industries
- Secured 40th rank in Top 100 Engineering Colleges survey 2015 conducted by OUTLOOK Magazine
- BIT is Re-accredited with a CGPA of 3.57 on a four point scale with A Grade
- 5S Excellence Award 2014 for Strong Commitment from CII - Southern Region
- Ranked as “South Stars - A3” amongst the B-Schools of South India by Business Standard and Indian Management, October 2014
- Ranked 50th among the “India’s Best B-Schools 2015” by Careers360
- Ranked 14th among Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges 2014 by Higher Education Review 2014
- Ranked 34th amongst India’s best B-Schools in the Business world B-School Survey 2013
- Secured 24th rank in the Dataquest-CMRT Survey 2013-14
- First Indian Institution to receive 5S Certification Award for Students Centre in 2013
- Tamil Nadu State Blood Transfusion Council and Aids Control appreciated BIT-NSS unit for organizing more number of Voluntary Blood Donation Camp
- Participated in the AICTE - CII survey - Department of BT, CSE received high levels of appreciation, under Departments with Potential category
- Ranked A6 in the B-School review and ranking by AIMA, New Delhi
- Ranked 21st position among south Indian B Schools CAREER 360 2012
- 6th position in Parameter Toppers for Infrastructures in the Survey conducted by Data Quest 2012
- Recipient of the Silver Medal for Best Overall Industry-Linked Engineering College from AICTE-CII National Survey on Industry-Linked Engineering Institutes 2012
- Awarded Innovative Spirit Award, CII, Southern Region, 2012 - Out of 9 Prizes, the students of BIT won 6 Prizes with cash awards to the tune of Rs. 2,30,000/-
- "SRI V.V.R. Seshadri Rao, Gudlavelleru Engineering College National Award" from ISTE, New Delhi, 2012
- Recipient of Nature Conservation Award 2012
- Ranked A3 among B-Schools in Southern part of India in AIMA Survey 2012
- Recognized as a Remote Center for IIT Bombay sponsored by MHRD, New Delhi in 2012
- Secured A8 Rank among B-Schools for its Excellence AIMA 2012
- Secured 22nd Rank among B-Schools for its Excellence - Careers 360, 2011
- Secured 18th Rank among the top Engineering Colleges of Excellence – CSR, 2011
- Graded "AA" by Career 360 in the National Survey 2011
- Ranked 12th among Private Institutions in National Survey - Electronics for You, 2011
- Secured II Rank in Anna University Chennai Examinations May 2009 (95.66% of pass)
- Recipient of the Best Engineering College National Award 2009 from ISTE, New Delhi
- Accredited by NAAC with the top most grade 'A' in 2009
- UGC conferred Autonomy status in 2007
Bannari Amman Institute of Technology Vision and Mission
- To reach the highest, the ultimate phase of intellectual development, the zenith of learning - the Omega.
- To walk tall, take on the world with confidence.
- To conquer ignorance and pursue excellence in our goal to always 'stay ahead'.
- To draw the strength from the power of the Omega and to create leaders for tomorrow's world.
- To equip students with sound technical knowledge and skill.
- To offer an educational program with a plethora of innovative concepts, for creating a host of talented professionals.
- Foster an open student-oriented culture and perhaps even more important, an understanding of students, their needs, goals and aspirations.
- To develop exceptional opportunities for study & research and a system of industry-institution interaction, through industry-liaison cells, for students to contribute to our nation's economic growth.
- To evolve a friendly face of education with emphasis laid on engineering technology & research.
"There are two educations-one that teaches how to make a
living and the other how to live" - Anthony de Mello
These words by Anthony de Mello perfectly describe our aim at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology (BIT). Beyond providing a sound education, we wish to provide our students with a Holistic Learning experience for life. Our aim is to teach students to LEARN, not just STUDY. Our interactions with universities around the world have taught us to look at education as a complete experience, not just as academics .We realize that students spend the prime years of their lives with us, and thus the responsibility is on us to provide them with a world-class education as well as a rich campus life.
As we stand on the threshold of yet another era in human development, we are ready and indeed eager to welcome this new Knowledge Era, which will see the supremacy of brainpower over physical and financial strength, total specialization over singular specialization as the path to prosperity. In such an environment, society looks to educational institutions like universities, colleges and technical institutions to create these critical resources.
The Bannari Amman Institute of technology aims to answer this very need by providing quality education, enabling young aspirants to take on an increasingly competitive world. All education programs offered by the institute have been designed to offer distinct aspects of intellectual growth and development. The latest curriculum and insight into engineering, technology and research coupled with state-of -the -art infrastructural Facilities ensure that all students gain optimal advantage in terms of advanced technical knowledge and skills.
The following pages will reveal more about the Institute, it's philosophy of 'Learning' and the unparalleled educational standards of its education programs.
I welcome you to BIT and to all that it has to offer. Come, discover the BIT experience!
Dr S V Balasubramaniam
My heartiest welcome to all the young and budding Engineers who have joined Bannari Amman Institute of Technology. With the help of highly qualified and dedicated staff members, we will be moulding the students to the required shape which will make them industry-ready and employable.
The composite unit of Students, Parents, and Society is our Customer. The Bannari Amman Institute of Technology will strive hard to provide pleasant ambience for moulding the young minds to scale greater heights in their chosen field of study. In our college we give top priority to academic excellence, innovation, and discipline. An effective Training and Placement Cell is in place to provide placement to all our students. Focus is given to Extra Curricular and Co-Curricular activities through 75 clubs and societies instituted to augment the student's knowledge and skills.
A state-of-the-art and up-to-date infrastructure facilities and good learning atmosphere are the hallmarks of this Institute. I hope all the students admitted in this Institute will enjoy their study in the campus. Let us all come together, build together, and achieve together for tomorrow's India.
Dr. D. Saravanan
Contact Details of Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode
Address:Sathyamangalam, Erode, Tamil Nadu, India- 638401
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place