About Jabalpur Engineering College
Jabalpur Engineering College, Jabalpur was established on 7 July, 1947 when the entire global chess board was witnessing a dramatic change. It was born just a few months before India broke the shackles of British slavery.
This illustrious Institution got the distinction of being the Second Engineering College in India and is the premier institution of Engineering Education in Central India. Thanks to the inspired vision of the great pioneering Principal Dr. S.P. Chakravarti. From a very small room in old Robertson College, this tiny icon has grown into a mighty oak tree, which is now 63 years old and has celebrated its Diamond Jubilee in the year 2007.
The college since its inception has a well equipped High Voltage Laboratory and Telecommunication Department which was not available in any other contemporary colleges. Even before the advent of Television in the country, Telecommunication Lab was established in this college. The former has been made as one of the Centers of Excellence by Govt. of India in recognition of its contribution in the area of High-Voltage research and testing. It is getting grants from government of India to further promote its research and development activities. The college also has the distinction of being the first in India to offer BE degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Jabalpur Engineering College or JEC Jabalpur previously known as Government Engineering College or GEC Jabalpur, was established on 7 July 1947. It is one of the oldest technical institutions in India and the oldest technical institution in Central India and the state of Madhya Pradesh. JEC offers B.E degree courses in eight disciplines and nine postgraduate courses in engineering fields, three postgraduate courses in applied Sciences and M.C.A.
The college celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1997. The first citizen of India, his Excellency Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma graced the occasion. The college was affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Technical University Bhopal (M.P.) The college was declare autonomous in 1998-1999 by the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
Awards & Rankings
INSTITUTION’S EXTRA ORDINARY ACHIEVEMENTS
Fuller Energy Awards (State level) Selection
The fierce desire to make this institution a “shrine of excellence” several massive & prestigious projects were achieved due to the untiring
CORE (Centre of Relevance & Excellence) by TIFAC (Deptt. of Science & Technology of Govt. of India)
CIIILP (Canada India Industry Linkage Project)
Renewable Energy park – Govt. of India.
CISCO Regional Academy of Networking Programme a project of CISCO USA.
Centre for National & Academic Networking for Continuing Education with AICTE.
Centre of Fuzzy Logic System by Govt. of India.
Indo-Italian Research project (Micro-zonation of selected Cities of India) by Geological Survey Of India
STA (State Technical Agency) of “Prime Minister’s Rural Road” Project-Govt. of India and Remote Sensing Centre.
ERNET- AICTE Facility for Distance Learning & Digital Library.
Jabalpur Engineering College Vision and Mission
- To be a front runner in Technical Education providing academic excellence satisfying global needs
- To develop world class infrastructure and knowledge empowerment mechanism for carving out graduates and postgraduates of high level of competence embedded with wisdom; and dedicated to ethics and values.
- To conduct research in the frontier areas and to develop innovative and creative problem solving skills.
- To establish strong linkages with technical institutions, industries, R&D organisations and community.
Jabalpur Engineering College in its 64 years of glorious existence has carved a unique niche for itself in the annals of technical education in M.P. The college since its inception has a well equipped High Voltage Laboratory and several other well advanced Laboratories.
Since then the college has achieved several mile stones living up to its motto ‘on wards on wings’ .Very recently the institution has proved its mettle by becoming a Lead Institution under Technical Education Quality improvement program (TEQIP) .We have added one more feather in our cap by achieving Academic Autonomy .
I am confident that the graduating engineers will strive to build India a nation which will be “proud of her independence, powerful in her defense, self reliant in industry and technology “
I close my message with a saying from Theodore Roosevelt: “The best prize that life offers is the chance of working hard at work, worth doing."
- Presently, JEC offers BE degree courses in seven disciplines and nine post graduate courses in various fields; three PG courses in Applied Science and MCA. The college is now declared Autonomous by the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Sufficient facilities are available for the teachers and students of Applied Sciences and various engineering disciplines for doing their research work and their PhD and D Sc. Degrees. About sixty teachers/students have been awarded Ph.D. degree from this college. To keep in consonance with the fast emerging technologies, JEC is taking a lot of initiatives by revitalizing its courses and taking many projects in thrust area of engineering and technologies.
- Apart from the academic excellence the college provides, the college has a legacy linked with its name. It is because of the untiring efforts of the faculty,staff and the students that JEC has maintained a respectable rank and enjoys a position of Pride and Prestige.
Contact Details of Jabalpur Engineering College, Jabalpur
Address:JEC, Gokalpur, Jabalpur - 482011. M.P.-India.