About KCG College of Technology
KCG College of Technology (KCGCT), proffers engineering courses in varied streams of enginering. KCGCT is a Christian minority Institution, affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE, New Delhi. KCG College of technology strives for excellence in providing engineering education and training at graduate and post graduate levels and to carry out high quality research in science, engineering and technology. KCG College of Technology, formerly known as National Institute of Technology and Science is approved by the AICTE, Government of India, New Delhi, vide Lr. No.730-52-307 (E)/ET/97 dated 19-12-1997 and Govt. of Tamil Nadu, vide Lr. No.G.O.Ms.No.109 dated 23-03-1998. The College has been certified as an ISO 9001:2000 Institution. The College is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, Anna University of Technology as per the Government of Tamil Nadu notification for conducting four year B.E./B.Tech Degree programmes, two year ME programmes and three year MCA programme. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Engineering courses of this college have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation(NBA). KCG College of Technology has a beautifully landscaped campus in a lush green stretch of land spread over 50 acres at Karapakkam, which is about 10 km from Adyar on the Old Mahabalipuram Road, the IT corridor of Chennai. The college operates a fleet of buses connecting all parts of the city for the convenience of the students and staff. Besides this, the college is well connected to different parts of the city by public transport buses.
Awards & Rankings
Student members of IET have received IET YPS achievement awards in various categories.
3rd place – Mr.Kishore KJ and Mr. GV Pranay Naidu won 3rd place for presenting the prototype of NIMO – Non Invasive Monitor at IOT edition, conducted by Amazon, Web Services.
- Leadership Award Anandh.S and Ms.Subarna Panda received the “Dr.Rajendra Prasad Leadership Award”.
- Regularity Award – Ms.Divya, and Ms.S.Sangeetha received the “Er.K.B. Subramniyam Regularity Award”.
- Academic Performance Award – Ms.Sangeetha received the “Michael Faraday Academic Performance Award”.
- Air Vice Marshal V. Krishnaswamy Award – Mr.Harish J. and Mr.Gopi Krisna V.R. received the “Air Vice Marshal V. Krishnaswamy Award”.
- Trend setter of the Year Award – Ms.M.A.Shakthi and Mr.B.Shamreen Ahamed received the “Trend Setter of the Year Award”.
- Promotional Award – Ms. Subarna Panda received the “S. Govindarajan Promotional Award”
INDO AMERICAN AWARD
We are pleased to announce that KCG College of Technology has received Awards for Educational Excellence and Education Technology at Indo-American Education Summit - 2016. The presentation of Educational Excellence Award is one of the most awaited features of the Summit. It is Awarded to Institutions, educationists and reasearchers in recognition of their achievements in various fields such as Engineering & Applied Sciences, Information Technology, Business & Management, Clinical & Health Sciences, Life Sciences & Biomedicine, Agricultural Sciences & Environment, Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Awards have been initiated by Indus Foundation, a non-profit global organization. Initiated in 2010, it identifies and recognizes the achievements of some of the finest universities, colleges and institutions by presenting them with Awards for Educational Excellence. The Award comprises a Certificate and a Memento. The ceremony was held at Vivanta by Taj Clubhouse, Chennai.
KCG College of Technology Vision and Mission
To develop KCG into an institution of excellence in engineering education and training at graduate and post graduate levels and to carry out high quality research in science, engineering and technology.
To offer the best engineering education and to develop the young minds into an all-round personality to meet the growing challenges of industries and social needs of the country.
From the Director’s Desk
Greetings to all,
With a continuously healthy GDP growth, India is marching ahead with a robust economy and is becoming globally competitive in several fields. As a part of this success journey, Tamil Nadu has been in the forefront of Industrial development for several decades and has become a hub for manufacturing and services. Chennai in particular has become the Detroit of the east with a perfect blend of manufacturing industry eco system and also as a leader in IT/IT enabled services with rapid growth in software exports.
Such a stupendous growth needs steady supply of human resources that is highly skilled and well trained in several functional areas. In order to support such a fast paced industrial development, Hindustan Group of Institutions has been a pioneer in contributing towards nation building by creating a niche in engineering education and has been producing engineers-par-excellence for more than 25 years through its many units of educational institutions and has earned the respect and goodwill of the industry and the student community.
KCG College of Technology, a unit of Hindustan Group of Institutions is recognized as one of the leading engineering colleges in the city of Chennai affiliated to the Anna University of Technology. With the state of the art workshops and laboratories, excellent infrastructural facilities along with dedicated faculty and staff, the institution is marching ahead with the vision to become an institution of excellence in engineering education.
This young and vibrant institution focuses on quality engineering education and a spirit of innovation along with holistic personality development. These shape the students into a confident personality to take on the challenges of the modern workplace. Many companies have reposed their faith on our quality and are very happy to recruit their human resource from our campus.
As a KCTECH student, you will have a great learning experience and I am very happy to welcome you to our quality-engineering programme at KCTECH. You have taken a right decision to join KCTECH as an important milestone in your career and I wish all the best for your success.
– DR.ANAND JACOB VERGHESE
One of the most important decisions for a student is in pursuing the right course. Equally important is the choice of the right educational institution.
KCG College of Technology, an aesthetically designed campus stands apart due to many reasons.
Salient features of the Institution
- State-of-the-art laboratories for the various disciplines.
- Air-conditioned library with over 35000 volumes.
- Conference hall, seminar theatre and spacious auditorium.
- Well-equipped gym.
- Both indoor and outdoor sport facilities.
- Secure and comfortable hostels for boys and girls.
- Student-Industry interaction programmes that include:
- Periodical industrial visits.
- In Plant trainings.
- Guest lectures by industrialists and professionals.
- Qualified and experienced faculty comprising of highly experienced and distinguished academicians drawn from institutions like the IITs, IISC, and the Anna University.
- Curriculum and value added courses in line with current global standards with the object of molding professionals capable of carving a niche in today’s competitive environment.
- Guidance for higher studies by organising seminars with reputed service companies.
- Focus on imparting communication and leadership skills through co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Placement through on/off campus interviews.
- Center of Innovation – Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cells to foster creativity and build readiness for the marketplace.
- Career guidance and placement training.
Contact Details of KCG College of Technology, Chennai
Contact No:+91-44-2450 3232 / 1255 / 3140 , 1-800-425-4438
Address:Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Karapakkam, Chennai - 600 097. Tamil Nadu. India.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place