About Kristu Jayanti College
Kristu Jayanti College, founded in 1999, is run by "BODHI NIKETAN TRUST", formed by the members of St. Joseph's Province of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), the first indigenous religious congregation in India. This congregation is the embodiment of the dream and vision of Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara who was a nineteenth-century educationist and social reformer in India. Kuriakose Chavara was born in 1805, in Kainakary, Kerala. In 1829 he was ordained as a priest after his early schooling in the native village and priestly studies at Pallipuram seminary in Alapuzha.
Kristu Jayanti College, founded in 1999, is run by "BODHI NIKETAN TRUST", formed by the members of St. Joseph Province of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI). The college is affiliated to Bangalore University and is reaccredited with the highest grade 'A' by NAAC in Second Cycle of Accreditation. The college is recognized by UGC under the category 2(f) & 12(B). The college was accorded autonomous status from 2013 by the University Grants Commission, Government of Karnataka & the Bangalore University. In India Today - Nielsen survey 2015.
The institution strives to fulfill its mission to provide educational opportunities to all aspiring youth to excel in life by developing academic excellence, fostering values, creating civic responsibility and building global competencies in a dynamic environment.
Kristu Jayanti College is affiliated to the Bangalore University, the largest University in the country. A majority of higher educational institutions are established in the southern and eastern parts of Bangalore. The northern part of Bangalore District, which is semi-urban and rural, lacked educational and industrial development. In order to build vibrant academic environment and expand opportunities for socio-economic change in this geographical area, the college was started at K.Narayanapura in Kothanur from Bangalore city.The college which had a humble beginning with 1 course, 9 students and 3 full-time academic faculties in 1999, has grown exponentially in the program (26 programs including two Ph.D. program), in a number of students (3540) and in full-time faculty strength (163), all in a matter of 16 years.
Awards & Rankings
- In India Today - Nielsen survey 2015. The college is ranked 16th Best Commerce College, 22nd Best Science College & 24th Best Arts College in India and 3rd,4th,5th positions in Commerce, Arts & Science among Top 10 Colleges in Bangalore.
- Accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC under new methodology
- Recognized by UGC under 2(f)
- The academic contribution of the college has received several accolades in the present academic year 2011-2012
- India Today- Nielsen Survey 2011, rated Kristu Jayanti College as one of the best colleges in India and top ten Commerce colleges in Bangalore for the second consecutive time.
- B-School Ranking:
- Kristu Jayanti College has been consistently ranked among the top B-schools of India by several reputed all India level surveys conducted by GHRD, Business Today, Business India, Just Careers, and Business standard.
- Ranked No.1 for promising top B-School in India by Business Standard Survey.
- Ranked one among the top 10 Business Schools in Karnataka.
- Rated A + in the Business India B-School Survey.
- Ranked A Grade by GHRD All India B-School Survey
- Bangalore University overall champion for the Vth time consecutively in University cultural fest ‘Yuvajanotsava’.
Kristu Jayanti College Vision and Mission
'Light and Prosperity': To provide intellectual and moral leadership by igniting the minds of youth to realize their potential and make positive contributions leading to prosperity of the society and the nation at large.
'Kristu Jayanti College strives to provide educational opportunities to all aspiring youth to excel in life by nurturing academic excellence, fostering values, creating civic responsibility and building global competencies in a dynamic environment.'
- To provide a nurturing and trusting environment to learn and grow.
- To ensure that the youth get adequate opportunities to identify and develop their skills.
- To prepare the individual for employment and advancement in their chosen career.
- To mold individuals into integrated personalities who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, physically strong and socially sensitive.
- To develop a lifelong desire in individuals to learn and to create a positive change in the society and contribute to the economic development of the nation.
Principal Message -
A few years ago, there was an attempt to encapsulate and treasure down in the burrows of the earth, all the available accrued knowledge of this globe, for future generations to explore and discover. Future generations may or may not be interested in such a time capsule from the past.
At Kristu Jayanti College, the academic fraternity is an active community of learners who pursue knowledge as an active and dynamic phenomenon with infinite and immense possibilities. We invest in the younger generations to instill in them the passion for knowledge and the seeds of research and learning. We strive to build a community of learners and teachers who believe that learning is not possible without teaching and teaching is not at all possible without learning.
The academic fraternity of Kristu Jayanti College strives to inherit the passion and vision of the 19th century visionary, Blessed Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara reaching to us through the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI)Congregation of Priests who provide the leadership for this noble institution named after the supreme guru, Jesus Christ, whose birth is commemorated in the name of Kristu Jayanti. Jesus said: Truth will liberate you. (John 8:32). The pursuit of knowledge is the pursuit of truth that should lead us to the motto and vision of this institution: "Light and Prosperity".
Within the significant one decade of existence, Kristu Jayanti College has placed itself prominently in the educational map of India with an 'A' grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council and the college figuring prominently in various ratings. We welcome all aspiring young minds to join this enthusiastic family of Jayantians in pursuing knowledge to serve the world at large.
Fr. Josekutty P.D, CMI
Kristu Jayanti College News
Contact Details of Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru
Address:K. Narayanapura, Kothanur (Post) Bangalore - 560077, Karnataka, India
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place