About Maharashtra Institute of Technology
MAEER'S Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), established in 1983, is today amongst the top engineering colleges in India. The news magazine 'Outlook' has ranked MIT Pune as 1st in Maharashtra & 11th in India amongst the finest Private Engineering Colleges. MIT is affiliated to the University of Pune and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
MIT, Pune Institutes offer four year degree courses in various branches of engineering and post graduate courses in select areas. Admission to all courses is based on merit as per rules and norms laid down by the Director Technical Education ( DTE), Maharashtra State.
Awards & Rankings
The news magazine 'Outlook' has ranked MIT Pune as 1st in Maharashtra & 11th in India amongst the finest Private Engineering Colleges.
Maharashtra Institute of Technology Vision and Mission
To promote the "Culture of Peace" through value based "Universal Education System", with a firm belief that "Union of Science and Religion / Spirituality alone will bring peace to mankind".
To harness the knowledge of Science & Technology for the welfare of the society.
Principal's Message -
- MAEER's Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, is considered as a benchmark in engineering education. Efforts taken by the highly motivated teachers under the leadership of Hon. Prof. Vishwanath D. Karad, Founder Director, and the response given by the students in the past have made the Institute an important center of engineering education in the country. Past students spread over all corners of the world, take pride in calling themselves an 'alumnus of MIT, Pune'. They take active interest in the academic development of the department and also the current students by mentoring.
- Spacious buildings, lush green lawns, well equipped laboratories, good library with e-resources for scholarly studies, and more over a peaceful atmosphere make learning a pleasure here.
- The teaching faculty members are experienced, caring and devoted to teaching.
- The basic purpose of the Institute is to transform a young, enthusiastic student into a
- Professionally competent engineer capable of accepting the challenges of the industry. The focus is on 'creative learning' based on the prescribed syllabus of the University of Pune, which the college is affiliated to Ample opportunities are provided for interaction with the experts from the industry through guest lectures, field visits, vacation training, activities of the student chapters of international professional bodies, sponsorships to technical paper presentation competitions etc.
- Participation in sports, cultural and spiritual activities, environmental and social drives, is encouraged to develop a high level of emotional quotient and a team spirit in the students. We feel that such qualities and skills over and above the professional inputs are essential for a
- long prospective career in the rapidly changing global scenario. We at MIT, Pune are thus committed to impart a value based universal education to develop 'winning personalities'.
Dr. L .K. Kshirsagar,
Principal, MIT Pune
Vice-Principal's Message -
MIT (Maharashtra Institute of Technology) having established its name in the field of engineering education in last three decades is ranked 27th in all Indian engineering institutes including IITs, 8th in all private Indian engineering institutes and 7th in western India as per the recent Times Survey. MIT's bedrock reputation of a premier engineering institute is evident from its placements record and is an exception to the finding that only 25% graduating engineers are employable.
MIT is now focusing on achieving excellence in technical education at international level. "Industry readiness at global level" and "Research and Innovation" are identified thrust areas for achieving excellence. Our "BE++ Program" conceptualized by Prof. Rahul V. Karad, Vice President and Executive Director, MAEER's MIT Group of Institutions, is designed towards preparing every student for global employability and also making the student a better human being. MIT also ensures academic rigor with a strong focus on value based universal education system and promotes an environment for all round development of its students.
MIT Innovation Centre is established to encourage students and faculty to design and develop innovative products. The number of research publications and patents is steadily growing. Similarly, MIT Technology Business Incubation Centre is established to incubate business ideas of students and faculty.
Employability and professional skills formulate a critical part of engineering education. These skills are emphasized through accreditation requirements for engineering programs given by NBA (National Board of Accreditation), India and ABET (Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology), USA. All MIT engineering programs are NBA accredited and we are committed to get NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and ABET accreditation soon.
Department Advisory Boards are formed in each department to take inputs from stakeholders viz. industry experts, academicians, parents and alumni. A well connected network of 10000 plus alumni spread across all countries is always eager to help MIT grow vertically. Many IIT and IIM professors visit MIT regularly to deliver guest lectures, to interact with faculty and to advise our faculty members.
A team of dedicated senior faculty members supported by well-trained staff is always willing to bring the best out of each student and mentor him to use his best abilities to become highly responsible professional engineer.
Dr Prasad D Khandekar,
Vice Principal, MIT Pune
- In the present era of globalization, close and long term association with the Industry, Research, Consultation, Entrepreneurship and high academic performance of the students are of paramount importance to any reputed Technical Institute.
- Considering this aspect, MIT/MITCOE/MAE Pune has set up a seperate Division for Industry Academia Collaborations. Prof. P. Subrahmanyam, person with high academic caliber and vast Industrial experience to his credit, is looking after the various activities, as a Director (Industry Academia Collaborations ). He is assisted by Prof. Hemant Mali, Prof. Suhas Ingle & Mr. Anilkumar Pacha.
- Combined Placement Department of MIT/MITCOE/MAE
- With so much of structured moulding and vigorous training as above, the Students would become quite comfortable in undergoing practice sessions on selection process of different Industries, such as Written Tests, Group Discussions, Personal Interviews etc.
- It is a matter of great pride that over 300 MNCs / top Corporates (some of which are enlisted below) visit MIT/MITCOE/MAE Institutes for Campus Recruitment and over 80% of the Students are selected by them. This activity is combinely conducted for the three colleges. The Institute has excellent infrastructure for all the Training and Placement Activities.
Collaborations with Industry
Twenty Multi National and Fortune 500 Companies have signed collaboration Agreements with MIT/MITCOE/MAE to offer live / high tech projects and imparting practical orientation to th students and faculty, thus shaping future of the graduates.
- Innovation Center I Centers of Excellence Creativity & Innovations are soul of Engineering Technology keeping this in mind, and innovation center / centers of excellence have been established right on our Campus by world class companies like Amdocs / IBM / M&M / Nvidia to encourage and nurture the Innovative and research spirit of Students and faculty.
- Besides the high academic standards, Students need to be properly groomed. Students are required to be trained and tailored as per the requirement of the current Industry expectations. The college train and mould the Students with the help of professional experts, in Aptitude Tests, Soft-skills/Group Discussion/Interview techniques, and personality development.
- Technical Workshops I Seminars I Faculty Development Programs
- Several Faculty development programs / Technical workshops / Seminars / Guest lecture are organised, during which Faculty & Students develop their skills of presentation and get an opportunity to understand the theoretical knowledge acquired during the academic curriculum and it's relevance in the practical field, along with exposure to the latest technology.
- Ideally, the sole aim of any Technical Institute is not only to increase the 'employability' of Technical graduates, but also to produce Entrepreneurs. Accordingly, sufficient stress is given in injecting the seeds of the Entrepreneurship in the minds of the budding engineers. As per the same, the Division has signed MoU with an Internationally known organization-National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), with the help of which, various sessions are organised for the Students, conducted by successful Entrepreneurs.
- The department organize number of local, as well as long Industrial tours, to give first hand exposure to the Students on best Industrial practices.
MIT is running a unique 'Sandwich course' in the discipline of Mechanical Engineering for only few selected Students, which helps them in blending of Theoretical and Practical knowledge, where by their potential employability and Entrepreneurship, is enhanced.
Maharashtra Institute of Technology News
Contact Details of Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
Address:S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune 411038 ,Maharashtra INDIA
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place