About Model Engineering College
Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara is a premier institute that has made it to the pinnacle of the engineering arena in a span of just 20 years. The institution is the first self-financing college to be established by the Government of Kerala under the aegis of the Institute of Human Resource Development for Electronics, IHRDE (now IHRD) and the first to be affiliated to CUSAT (Cochin University of Science And Technology). The college has witnessed record breaking placements channelled through dynamic corporate scenarios. MEC was featured the 28th among the top 50 Government Engineering Colleges in India, by the Mint Magazine in collaboration with the Wall Street Journal.
The college offers four undergraduate courses in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Biomedical Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering and five postgraduate courses, namely VLSI Design & Embedded systems, Image Processing, Signal Processing, Optoelectronics & Communication Systems, and Energy Management. Unique in its structure, methods and goals, the college is strongly rooted in a philosophy of training and research that emphasizes the intimate relationships between knowledge and its application and seeks to promote the creation of an ideal society.
Awards & Rankings
Students Achievements :
- Arjun S Kumar, Augustus Francis, Rahul Roy Mattam and Yadukrishnan S of 2015 batch bagged 1st and 2nd prize in the Hackathon, securing Govt. Model Engineering College the 2nd rank in Satvika rankings.
- A team from MEC consisting of Ajmal Azeez, Aswin R, Hilal Mohammed, Kishan Pankaj, Sohail Marakkar of 2016 batch and Balram P Menon of 2017 batch developed a smart card, ‘Spenwise’, a debit card which qualified for the final round of the startup studio programme.
- Harikishen H of 2017 batch was the first runner up in D-Code, a coding contest for solving real world data driven problems, conducted by Flytxt.
- Sumesh K Sadanandan of 2014 batch was one among the finalists of the fifth edition of Nebula 2012, a national level circuit design competition conducted by Cadence
- Livin D Cruz and Vineesh P of 2013 batch came first at Aspiration 2020, a coding competition organised by Infosys as a part of their Campus Connect Program in 2011.
Model Engineering College Vision and Mission
To evolve into an academy of excellence to serve the emerging knowledge-based society.
To mould engineers in the field of information and communication technology to bridge the digital divide.
Government Model Engineering College (MEC) is a school of engineering and technology located in Thrikkakara, Kochi. The institution is the first self financing college established by the Government of Kerala under the aegis of the Institute of Human Resource Development for Electronics, IHRDE (now IHRD) and the first to be affiliated to Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT). It is also the first research centre in Electronics to be established under CUSAT. MEC was ranked 28th among the Top Engineering Colleges in India by Outlook Magazine in the year 2014.
The main highlight of the college is it's impressive placement record which show excellent student quality in both technical and personality aspects. Some of the top recruiters include Amazon, Microsoft, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Nvidia, Cypress Semiconductor, Open Silicon, BPCL, GE Healthcare and Factset. The students also do summer internships at prestigious organizations such as Texas Instruments, S&P Capital IQ and Deloitte to get exposure to the corporate world that awaits them. The college also plays host for numerous workshops and seminars conducted by prominent companies.
Model Engineering College News
Contact Details of Model Engineering College, Kochi
Address:Thrikkakara, Kochi, Kerala, India- 682021