About SCMS School of Engineering & Technology
SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET) is envisaged as a premier institution offering technology related education of exceptional quality to students by developing their total personality with due emphasis on ethical values and preparing them to meet the growing challenges of the industry and diverse societal needs of the institution.
The SCMS School of Engineering & Technology (SSET), promoted by the SCMS Group of Educational Institutions, has been in the forefront of providing quality professional education in Engineering & Technology since 2001. The SSET has established state of the art facilities on a sprawling 29 acre campus at Karukutty in Ernakulam District. SSET is one among the first ten colleges to be set up in the State under the private self-financing scheme. Right from the beginning SSET concentrated on providing quality education in a highly disciplined environment. This has paid rich dividends over the past years as is evident from the preference of students to join the College.
Awards & Rankings
- The NSS Unit was awarded the trophy for the best overall performance in the Nataional Service Scheme State valedictory camp conducted during 21st to 23rd February 2014.
- Broke the Guinness World Record by having 1111 students to blow out candles simultaneously. The final announcement will be made from World Guiness Records, UK . The event was organised as a part of the mega fest IGNIZ-2013 with the theme of 'MAKE A DIFFERENCE (MAD)'.
- SSET has been awarded once again with Advanced Partner status in recognition for outstanding Infosys Campus connect activities during the year 2011-2012 in the college.
- ICI Trophy-Indian Concrete Institute Kochi Centre organised a concrete cube strength competition for engineering colleges in and around Kochi and SSET won the first prize.
- SSET won the Infosys Inspire Trophy at the Infosys Campus Connect Competition conducted at Trivandrum DC for the teachers of engineering colleges in Kerala.
Survey Rankings :-
- SSET is ranked 6th position among the Ranking of Top Promising Engineering Colleges of Excellence, in an all India ranking in the survey conducted by GHRDC 2013 (Global Human Resource Development Centre (GHRDC) and also ranked 1st position among the ranking of engineering colleges by state during the survey conducted by GHRDC in 2013.
- As per “The Outlook” July 1, 2013 issue, our institution is ranked 63rd position in The Outlook-MDRA survey 2013 conducted to identify India’s Best Professional College.
- As per “The Week” June 9, 2013 issue, SSET is ranked 99th position in the All India Level as part of the survey conducted by The Week-Hansa Research to identify the best colleges across the country in different domains including technical education.
SCMS School of Engineering & Technology Vision and Mission
To be a centre of excellence in providing technical education in harmony with the changing global order.
To offer technology related education of exceptional quality to students by developing their total personality with due emphasis on ethical values and preparing them to meet the growing challenges of the industry and human society.
Director's Message :-
The SCMS School of Engineering & Technology (SSET), set up in the year 2001, has already established its reputation by providing quality education. Our dream is to mould ‘World Class Professionals’ to meet the present and future challenges in business and industry.
We have created an excellent academic ambience in the campus by providing all infrastructural facilities with state-of-the-art Technology and a team of committed and dedicated teachers. In our Pursuit of Excellence, we focus on our customers (Internal & External) with continuous improvement in all our activities and with total involvement of our stakeholders.
SSET has carved a niche for itself among the self financing colleges of our state both in its approach to education and in its pedagogies. The unique and creative ways of teaching and learning enable our students to be globally competent. With a lot of plans and dreams for the years to come, SSET is a notch higher in enhancing quality education in accordance with the objectives of the institution and thereby hopes to serve society at large with sensitivity and commitment.
A right decision at the right time is one of the keys to attain success. SSET offers all our stakeholders myriad of opportunities and all of us can be proud to be a part of it, by being privileged to be our fellow traveller in our journey of discovery and capacity building.
Contact Details of SCMS School of Engineering & Technology, Ernakulam
Address:Vidya Nagar, Palissery, Karukutty, Ernakulam - 683 582, KERALA