About Symbiosis School of Economics
Incepted in 2008, SSE is a bright, young, vigorous and growing institution, with a demonstrable record of success. This very niche Institute seeks to develop intellectual discipline, critical and analytical assessment, which will result in rational thinking, along with an understanding of the need for constrained optimization, and a strong urge to strive towards achieving equilibrium. We at SSE, achieve these goals in an educational environment committed to excellence and academic freedom.
Higher education is critical to successful economic development and quality of life. SSE offers graduate and postgraduate programs in Economics within which students develop the intellectual and professional competencies for successful life and work, leadership. The course content is rigorous and the approach is descriptive as well as investigative; it connects the students with every aspect of economic life through various facets – the micro, the macro and the global setups. It is our endeavor to create a class of students who will be capable of including innovations and pragmatism into problem-solving in these very spheres. With its interdisciplinary flavors, the curricula prepare students for careers in banks, financial institutions, media and communication, Government, academia and so on. Despite the demanding environment, there is ample scope for creativity, originality and student Initiatives. It is a journey of academic pursuits, which will be ever evolving including different perspectives from varied stakeholders, making our courses increasingly relevant and meaningful.
Awards & Rankings
- Mr. Shivam Pathak and Ms. Paridhi Jain (B.Sc (Economics), Batch 2011-2014) were selected for the Gandhi Fellowship Programme.
- Ms. Aishwarya Ketkar (B.Sc (Economics), Batch 2011-2014) was accepted at Boston University for MS in Mathematical Finance
- Ms. Pulkita Vaish and Mr. Sujeet Kumar Singh (B.Sc (Economics), Batch 2012-2015) from were appointed as AC Nielsen Campus Ambassadors.
- Swareena Jones, ranked 3rd best adjudicator, amongst a pool of 70 competitive adjudicators. The novice team, consisting of Ishaan Saokar and Aditya Dutta, reached the finals in the novice category. Aishwarya Narayan ranked 10th amongst a pool of 108 speakers.
- Anmol Bhotika (B.Sc. (Honors) Eco, 2015-18)’s short film ‘Soft Pedal’ was selected for the 5th Kolkata Shorts International Film Festival 2016, held in Kolkata on 24th July.
- Kalyani Saxena (B.Sc. (Honors) Eco, 2014-17) secured the 2nd position among 55 finalists in the event Chhavi, the photography competition at Amatheon 2015, the International food and Agri-business Summit at IIM-Ahmedabad held on 16th-18th January, 2015.
- Riddho Roy (B.Sc. (Honors) Eco, 2015-18) secured the top position at the Short Film Making Event at Astitiva 2015 at BMCC, and the 2nd prize at the Short Film Making Event at Malhar 2015 at St Xaviers Kolkata.He also reached the top 5 in the Adfilm Event at IIM Ahmedabad.
Symbiosis School of Economics Vision and Mission
To provide the environment for an incredible educational experience and to evolve into a major research centre - creating a difference in a civilized society.
Symbiosis School of Economics will be known for rigorous applied economic analysis relating to real world issues of social relevance.
Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE) established in 2008, is an integral part of the Symbiosis International University, which has been recently re-accredited by NAAC with Grade ‘A’ and CGPA of 3.58 on a four-point scale. With more than four decades of contribution to the field of educations, Symbiosis has emerged as an undisputed brand imparting quality education.
SSE is being recognized as an important institute, offering both the undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Economics.
The B.Sc. (Economics) Honours programme at SSE, is devised to create a new class of budding academicians and professionals, whose strong foundation is laid through the multi-disciplinary framework- which besides including pure Economics has a designed bent towards, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Environment, Law , and Politics.
The M.Sc. (Economics) programme offered at SSE since 2011, is quantitative in approach laying stress on Economic Theory, Mathematics, Statistics and Econometrics The programme provides an all-inclusive path to meticulously understand and apply Economic Theories and their application to Economic Modelling and Forecasting in the real world.
The academic inputs at SSE, equips the student with a strong theoretical, analytical and empirical understanding of the subject matter. This provides the very strong foundation which we believe, will prepare the graduates from SSE to become pragmatic professionals, competent decision and policy makers, while also being sensitive human beings. They will be capable of providing an integrated framework to various trade and developmental economic issues, and all other concerns needed to be addressed at the micro and macro levels of an economy. They will also evolve with the philosophy of the subject matter, making their very core ingrained with principles, ethic, and values which are absolutely crucial in a society which is going through social transformation.
The academic calendar includes various curricular and extra-curricular activities, which further prepares our students to cope with difficult tasks, time management, and inflexibility, grooming them for life ahead. The philosophy at SSE encourages an open door approach, open to feedback and constructive criticism creating a ground for a sound learning experience. The environment here is disciplined and rigorous, at the same time giving plenty of scope for creativity, originality and student initiatives.
Wishing each of you a happy, and successful experience at SSE
Dr. Jyoti Chandiramani
Symbiosis School of Economics &
Dean Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Symbiosis School of Economics News
Contact Details of Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune
Contact No:+91- 020-25672520 , 020-25652444 (Extension: 249)
Address:3rd Floor SCHC Building, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune - 411004
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place