About SSN College of Engineering
SSN Institutions, founded by Dr. Shiv Nadar, Chairman, HCL Technologies, stands out as a premier center of higher learning with a mission of pursuing excellence in education and research. The institutions, with their diverse and dynamic community of students offer a distinctive combination of some of the finest graduate, undergraduate and research programs, accomplished faculty, world class facilities and a residential campus set on a sprawling 250 acres of sylvan surroundings.
SSN Institutions provide a variety of stimulating environments for intellectual development, free thinking, and personal growth, challenging its students with dynamic learning opportunities and equipping them with the skills, insights, attitudes and practical experiences that are necessary to take up responsibilities in the society.
While students at SSN immerse themselves in academics, the college has a lot in store for them outside the classroom. Student life includes participation in sports, recreational & co-curricular activities and culturals. In short, at SSN, students will find an academic and social environment where everyone- from faculty members to peers help shape their future.
SSN is a home to aesthetically designed buildings with state of the-art computer and internet facilities, modern workshops, seminar halls, auditoriums and well stocked libraries, sports and games fields in addition to an indoor stadium with gymnasium.
SSN College of Engineering has a faculty strength of 260 with a faculty student ratio of 1 faculty for every 15 students. Out of the total, 156 faculty are PhDs. and 91 are in the process of completing their PhDs.
As an exemplary institution of learning, SSN follows an admission policy that strongly favors merit, even as it enables access to education for students from all strata of society through appropriate scholarships. The Institution boasts of a strong alumni network with alumni events held every year serving as a platform for past students to give back to SSN and share their experiences with its present fellow students.
With so much to offer, it is only natural that students of SSN get a unique opportunity to carve a niche for themselves in their chosen field of study that enables them to become well-rounded and discerning citizens, fully qualified for their chosen professions in the workplace.
Awards & Rankings
- SSN has been awarded ‘ The Best Institute of Asia’ in Science and Technology Category by WCRC validated by KPMG
- “Top Institutes of India Award” by CSR magazine in May 2011
- Ranked 17th among all engineering institutions by Competition Success Review in 2010
- Ranked 10th among all private engineering institutions by MINT in 2009
- Ranked 29th among all engineering institutions in India by Data Quest in 2008
- Ranked 9th among all private engineering institutions in 2008
- Awarded “Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan National Award” in 2006.
SSN College of Engineering Vision and Mission
- ” To be a world class institution for technical education and scientific research for public good.”
SSN will continuously strive to:
- Make a positive difference to society through education.
- Empower students from all socio-economic strata to level the academic and professional playing field.
- Be a centre of excellence in education in emerging technologies in tandem with industry and industry trends.
- Build world class research facilities on par with the finest in the world and broaden students’ horizons beyond classroom education.
- Nurture talent and entrepreneurship and enable all-round personality development in students
SSN College of Engineering is ranked high among India’s leading educational institutions providing quality education to students from all strata of society. SSN was established in 1996 with a vision to be a world class institution for technical education and scientific research. Over the years, SSN has won numerous national awards and accolades and was also awarded the “Asia’s Best Private Education Institute 2012-13” in the Engineering and Technology category. Recently, SSN is awarded by EDU-RAND for being ranked 7th among all private engineering colleges in India.
SSN offers a wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The technology driven pedagogical approach, delivered by well qualified and dedicated faculty ensures that the students who graduate from SSN are a class apart from the rest. The faculty work towards not just developing knowledge but also instilling the right attitude and skills in the students for a holistic education relevant in a globalized context. The activities of various clubs on the campus ensure that the SSNites are dynamic and well groomed in social and event management skills.
SSN boasts of a world class infrastructure including libraries, specialized labs and facilities in sports. ISTE Chapter, IEEE Student Branch, IETE, CSI, SAE, Fine Arts Club, I-Cell, Entrepreneurship Development Cell etc., promote sustained quality education and ensure that the students have an open, enquiring mind and are competent enough in their field. SSN faculty and students are encouraged to take part in research activities resulting in 566 publications in refereed journals with high impact factor; in which 313 students were involved in the publication of 188 papers in the year 2015. The college conducts a range of events from social awareness to international programs in order to impart life skills, competencies and attributes which are greatly valued in today’s global work environment.
Moreover, discipline which is a non-negotiable factor in a student’s life on our campus, inculcates the values of time management and punctuality. Emotional intelligence, which has now become a critical prerequisite for any employee, is nurtured through full – fledged value education classes and regular counseling sessions. Industry – Academia network includes interaction with top corporate managers and guest lectures by visiting professors to facilitate a smooth campus to corporate transition for the students and to enhance their employability quotient.
I am confident that the college, with its rich legacy, will continue to shape the future of the young minds of our country and transform their potential into successful careers resulting in national development.
Dr. S. Salivahanan
- SSN College of Engineering ranked 19th amongst all Engineering Institutions in India (among 3500 + institutes, as per Data Quest 2014).
- SSN has been awarded as Asia’s Best Private Education Institute by World Consulting & Research Organisation and validated by KPMG.
- Ranked no.1 by Anna University amongst all affiliated institutions.
- Highly qualified and dedicated faculty supporting the mission of transformational education. Almost half of SSN faculty holds doctoral degrees from reputed Indian and foreign universities with many more currently pursuing research.
- 250 acre state-of-the-art campus with world class infrastructure and excellent student amenities.
- Technology Enabled Learning: Learner driven knowledge repository on intranet enabling students to learn at their own pace. Fully wi fi campus and all classrooms equipped with audio visual aids.
- Academics Interlaced with Research: I Cell a totally student-led initiative provides a forum to explore the world of research. SSN students mentored by faculty regularly publish research papers in international journals.
- Focus on 360 degrees development of students: Students of SSN are encouraged to participate in sports, cultural and co- curricular activities to ensure they are well rounded graduates.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC): A 750 member strong student body at SSN, works to develop the spirit of entrepreneurship among students by conducting series of workshops, seminars and talks by eminent entrepreneurs.
- Promoting Social Awareness: SSN ensures that it students are not just academically bright but also sensitive to the needs of the community. SSN students engage in social service through NSS and Youth Red Cross. SSN has continuously received the Best NSS unit award by Anna University for the past 3 years.
- Over 400 scholarships worth more than Rs. 4 crores are offered each year under different categories which include Merit, Merit cum Means and Sports
- Excellent Placement Record. An active Training & Placement Cell at SSN assists in placements, internships and trainings for job interviews.
Contact Details of SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
Address:Old Mahabalipuram Road, Kalavakkam – 603 110 Tamil Nadu, India
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place