About Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology
Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology (TKIET) established in 1983. The Institute is located at Warananagar, 30 km away from Kolhapur a district headquarter and 10 km to the west from Kini-Wathar on Pune-Bangalore National Highway NH-4. TKIET has emerged as one of the leading technological institutes in Western Maharashtra. The Institute has a Lush green campus spread over 30 acres in the picturesque foothill of Lord Jyotiba and historical Panhala Fort to the north-east.
Awards & Rankings
- NSS unit of institute is the 1st NSS unit of an engineering college in Shivaji University, which started in the year 1995. This unit has conducted 19 outreach programs till today.
- The retention of faculty in the institute is very good and a number of faculty are representing the institute on various academic bodies of university like Management council, Academic Council, faculty of engineering, chairman of board of studies etc.
- There is faculty representation for four consecutive times on National executive council of ISTE New Delhi,
- The ISTE staff and students chapter of the institute is one of the most vibrant chapters. The institute has nearly 300 life memberships of ISTE and the chapter was established in 1984.
- There are four senior professors from the institute representing National executive council of ISTE. Three senior professors are representing on section management committee of ISTE.
- The TKIET ISTE staff chapter has bagged ISTE best chapter award at The National level.
- The TKIET ISTE student chapter has also been awarded thrice as ISTE best student chapter award.
- The faculty and students participated in UG and PG project competitions and have bagged for the 6th time 1st prize award and once the 2nd prize award in ISTE National Level Project Competition held at various NITs.
- TKIET has hosted 43rd National Annual Convention in December 2013. Around 1000 delegates from all around the nation participated in this convention.
- As a step towards Institute Social Responsibility (ISR), the institute has organized a mega event for student and adjoining villagers- “A WARKARI MELAWA ” – 3 days philosophical event.
Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology Vision and Mission
To become an academy of excellence in technical education and human resource development.
- To develop engineering graduates of high repute with professional ethics.
- To excel in academics and research trough innovative techniques.
- To facilitate the employability, entrepreneurship along with social responsibility
- To collaborate with industries and institutes of national recognition
- To inculcate lifelong learning and respect for environment.
Welcome to TKIET Warannagar...!!!!
TKIET was established in the year 1983 and managed by Shree Warana Vibhag Shikshan Mandal (SWVSM). The Institute is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur. The Institution is the realisation of the vision of our leader late Shri Tatyasaheb Kore to cater Quality Engineering education to the students. The college hosted in a green valley of Warananagar at the footsteps of Deccan Hills with the divine blessings of Lord Jyotirling and Goddess Mahalaxmi. The Institute is committed to producing all round engineers to drive the country into the 21st century.
The Institute offers five (5) UG Programmes with intake 480 at First Year Engineering Level, 180 at Direct Second Year and four (4) PG Programmes with intake of 76. All the UG Programmes have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, twice. Currently, we are undergoing the process of Accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bengaluru. Also, the Institute has received ISO 9001- 2000 certification. Moreover, the Institution has Accreditation by well known MNC in Software and Manufacturing fields. The admission to the Institution is through State Government CAP process and TKIET is the most preferred institution by the students/stakeholders. The Institute provides various scholarships and Post Graduate Fellowships to the meritorious students of its own resources. In addition, Institution allows full Tuition Fee Waiver to the top scoring students in each Undergraduate Programme.
TKIET has 170 highly qualified teaching faculty and 112 non-teaching dedicated staff members; who have made significant contributions at National Level. The Institute provides high-quality education experience to the students, in the diverse learning environment. The student-centric teaching methodology and industry driven add-on courses made students to successfully meet the corporate challenges. The state of Art, Laboratories, Digital Classrooms, Digital Library with over 55,000 numbers of books, online journals and plenty of e-resources enable its students with advanced Technical Knowledge to meet the Industrial and Social Challenges.
During last three decades, 29 bathes have been passed out and becoming Alumni strength of over 9000. The majority of Alumina is at a higher position in various reputed industries. In addition, many of them have become successful entrepreneurs. The intensive Industry Institution interface enables students hands-on experience to strengthen their employment potential. Thus, the institute is often the 1st choice of many corporate in search of quality human resources.
The T & P Cell provides training to the students on the necessary corporate skills right from the day 1 of their admission into TKIET. Such as T&P, there are many more cells like Career Development Cell (CDC), Personality Development Cell (PDC), Entrepreneur Development Cell (EDC), Industry Institute Interaction Cell, (III), Cultural Cell, National Service Scheme (NSS) and various students' association Cells are the most versatile learning experience to the students.
The institute is having a state of Art, sports facilities on the campus of 60 acres which includes Indoor Swimming Pool, Badminton Court, Table Tennis Court, Gymnasium etc. For outdoor games, a playground for all major games like Football, Basketball, Cricket, Volleyball, (Athletics), Kho-Kho etc. Students are encouraged to participate in Inter Zonal, Zonal competitions, University Level competitions and numbers of students have become University Level, Zonal and Inter-Zonal Level prize winners.
The foresighted educational vision of Hon. Management has given a sense of direction to the development of the Institution. The growth of institution is guided by the spirit of being “Always Learning Organization” which incorporates new and advance process in curricular and co- curricular activities to improve the quality of the teaching-learning process.
With Best Wishes...!!!!!!!
It gives me immense pleasure to present before you the academic world of Shree Warana Vibhag Shikshan Mandal, the belief envisioned for creating better human beings, with roots embedded in strong academics.
It is our endeavour to make a far-reaching and positive impact on economies of the nation, through the education of rural students.
We generate and disseminate knowledge, encourage learning and make a significant contribution towards social and economic growth.
With the eco-friendly campus in the peaceful town Warana at the pedestal ofJyotiba and Panhala fort, equipped with high-class facilities, we are staunch to endow our students with latest knowledge and skills in the milieu of Indian culture and values to enable them to face challenges of economy and with a vision to prepare them as responsible citizens of India.
- 31 years of Excellence in Engineering Education
- 9000 Alumni student working in various industries
- Highly experience well-qualified faculty
- Advanced Laboratory infrastructure
- 1000 Computers in wired & wireless network connected to the world by 30 Mbps Internet leased line
- Vibrant Training & Placement Cell
- Excellent Hostel Facility as a residential campus
Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology News
Contact Details of Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kolhapur
Address:A/p Warananagar, Pin.: 416113, Tal. Panhala, Distt. Kolhapur, Maharashtra
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place