MA Eligibilty Criteria
You must fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in visual arts or psychology, or an equivalent level of training in a relevant medical, social or human sciences field
- Relevant experience in a rehabilitative setting in the form of paid or unpaid/voluntary work
- Demonstrable ability to discuss and reflect on the creative process
- A willingness to undergo weekly personal therapy for the duration of the Programme
- A minimum of IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL iBT 100 for applicants from countries where English is not the first language or whose qualifications are obtained from institutions where English is not the medium of instruction.
- Portfolio: At least 7 – 10 pieces of original artwork (actual or documented) that demonstrates your creative practice
- Three references: one personal, one professional, and one academic
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word statement outlining your reasons for pursuing Master’s studies, your suitability and expected benefits from the Programme
- Additional coursework may be required and/ or suggested before acceptance into the Programme based on your qualifications
- Sign a suitability declaration indicating whether you have any criminal record and/or history at the point of admission to the Programme (form can be obtained from the College). *Please note that many clinical placement settings require a mandatory background security check for potential student interns, and many employers request this as well, given the nature and sensitivity of confidential case material, professional and ethical best practices and the potential vulnerability of their clientele *Complete an Occupational Health Declaration, verified by a medical physician prior to admission to the Programme (form can be obtained from the College)
- An interview with the Programme Leader and academic staff.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.