Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
- The college was established during the formation of Ontario’s college system in 1967. Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology were established on May 21, 1965 when the Ontario system of public colleges was created. The founding institutions were the Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology (established in 1957) and the Ottawa Vocational Centre (established in 1965 at the Woodroffe Campus). The original 8 acres site on Woodroffe Avenue was donated to the city by Mr and Mrs Frank Ryan.
- The Ottawa architecture firm of Burgess, McLean & MacPhadyen designed the midcentury academic complex with open-ended blocks alternatively faced with long glass expanses in a semi-gambrel formation that make up the curtain walls and precast aggregate panels. The corporate campus or modernist academic acropolis spread across North America is the early 1960s. The entrance is via a deeply recessed terrace that's overhung with small white ceramic tiles and vintage can lights. The long walls are bumped out to float over the foundation. The foundation plantings keep the blocks from appearing stark.
Interested in this college?
Awards and Rankings
- The Robert C. Gillett Leadership Award
- President Rosser Prize
- Steve Stafford Memorial Continuing Education Award
- International House Prize
Top 10 Management Colleges in Canada View All
Contact Details of Algonquin College, Ottawa
Address:Algonquin College, 1385 Woodroffe Avenue, C-429 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2G 1V8