The Mohammadiya Education Society, Guntur was established in the year 1984 and registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 with Regd. No. 236/84, dated 21-12-1984 to cater the educational needs of muslim minorities in particular and other poor in general of the coastal area of Andhra Pradesh under the Minority provisions of Indian Constitution.The Guntur District stands in third place after Hyderabad and Kurnool in Muslim population. In Guntur city alone about two lac muslims reside, who are educationally backward and lead their lives in Automobile, Mechanical and old iron scrap, tyres retreading etc fields. To bring them into the lime light and to provide higher education the Mohammadiya Education Society has started Andhra Muslim College in the year 1984 with B.A., B.Com., B.Sc. and Intermediate courses with Hostel facility and affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University. The Andhra Muslim College was admitted into grant-in-aid in the year 1990.The Mohammadiya Education Society purchased a land of Ac. 26.24 Cents from the A.P. State Walk Board by the side of Ponnur Road, Guntur Municipal Corporation limits which is centrally located in a distance of 2 Kms. from Guntur Bus Station and 3 Kms from Guntur Railway Station and surrounded by Muslim population.The Mohammadiya Education Society has constructed R.C.C. buildings of about 30,000 Sft. in the said land by collecting donations from the public and financial assistance from Moulana Azad Education Foundation, New Delhi, Central Wakf Council etc. M.P. LADS of Sri Yadlapati Venkata Rao, Sri Yamparala Venkateswara Rao.
Awards & Rankings
- 100% Pass percentage