- The College was founded in 1970 as De La Salle College by the late Most Rev. Dr.Justin Diraviam, Catholic Archbishop in Madurai with pre-degree course and undergraduate courses in Economics and Philosophy.
- B Sc in Mathematics was introduced in 1971.
- Renamed as Arul Anandar College it became a Jesuit institution in 1972.
- Bharat Ratna, St.Teresa of Kolkata, Founder of the Missionaries of Charity graced the campus in 1975.
- Undergraduate courses in Rural Development Science (1973), Chemistry (1979) and History (1980) were started.
- Postgraduate courses in RDS (1980), Economics (1984) and Philosophy (1986) were added.
- It became the youngest autonomous college in 1987.
- The Alumni Association was inaugurated in 1987.
- B.Sc in Physics was introduced in 1988-1989.
- M.Phil Economics was introduced in 1989-1990.
- The Parent-Teacher Association began in 1995.
- Self-financed courses in MCA and B.Com with Computer Applications were started in 1999
- Computer Literacy for all students was initiated in 2000.
- Doctoral programmes in RDS and Economics began in 2001.
- The college became a co-educational Institution in 2001.
- Accredited by NAAC with FIVE STARS in 2001.
- B.B.A and B.Sc. IT & M were introduced in 2002.
- Introduction of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for all aided UG courses in 2003.
- B.Sc. in Physical Education and B.Sc in Mathematics (SFC) were included in 2004.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) started to function from 2004.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Physics (SFC), Applied Psychology and Career Oriented Courses (COC) were added in 2005.
- PGDCA was introduced in 2006.
- Reaccredited by NAAC with`AÂ´grade with a CGPA of 3.52. in 2008.
- New pattern of CBCS was extended to all UG and PG courses both aided and Self- financed in 2008.
- Mr.A.Michael Raj Teacher Stadium & Logistics Centre was inaugurated on 19.06.2009.
- WomenÂ´s Studies Centre was established on 09.08.2009.
- Internet Connectivity extended during 2009-2010.
- Instituted Awards of Excellence for Staff & Students during 2009-2010.
- WomenÂ´s Hostel was completed and formally inaugurated on 20.01.2010.
- Britto Publishing House was established in 2009-2010.
- Fr.Montaud & Fr.Prince Tournaments were made into a Public endeavours in 2009-2010.
- Browsing Centre was established in 2010-2011.
- Public Address System was extended to all the classrooms in 2010-2011.
- Arrupe Centenary Block was completed in 2010-2011.
- B.A., English Literature and B.Sc. Computer Science were introduced from the academic year 2011-2012.
- Campus Roads were black topped and with a New a Entrance-gate was fixed during the academic year - 2011-2012.
- Reaccredited by NAAC with A grade with a CGPA of 3.66. in 2014.
- CCTV Cameras were installed in the campus in 2015
AAC Pictures & Videos
AAC Vision and Mission
Vision Integral Development of Rural Students and Empowering them for Social Transformation. Mission To provide facilities for academic excellence, training in soft and professional skills and placement. To enable students to become agents of social transformation by imparting skills in research and social analysis. To build AAC into a policy advocacy centre.
Awards & Rankings
Empowering rural students through innovative and socially contextualized education.Promoting stakeholder participation in academic and extension activities.Initiating ICT integrated socially relevant research.Fostering a sense of human rights founded on dignity‚ equity and justice.Facilitating gender equity both on and off the campus.Promoting people friendly policies and programmes through ...
Contact Details of AAC
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place