Balurghat College (BC), Dinajpur - Campus & Infrastructure

Dinajpur (West Bengal)   Estd : 1948 Approved by : NAAC Type : Private

Infrastructure

The college has a good library house in a two storied building within the college campus. There are more than 30 thousand copies of books in the library including a Text Book library.

The college has two separate well furnished Reading Rooms.

 

The College has very rich Historical Museum containing antique collection of great historical importance including Ancient Coins, Stone artifacts, swords, fossils, terracotta, ornamental stones, Old manuscripts, Sculptures etc of the Pali-Sen Period. It also features of all 11th century of Nayapala from Gangarampur. Continuous work is going on with the financial assistance of Minister of culture, Government of India under the scheme of “Promotion and Strengthening if Regional and local Museum” with a view to open the well decorated museum very shortly to the students, general public, scholars, visitors and culturally enriched people of the locality and its surroundings to provides valuable information regarding the heritage of this district. The museum, for its immense importance, has been included in the tourist map of West Bengal as an important please of visit. The professor in charge of the museum explain implications to the students in the off time to promote interest in history which is affiliated upto post graduate standard n this college. 

  • Total Students 1287
  • Hostel Facility True
  • Total Course 37

Facilities

Hostels

Balurghat College BC Dinajpur, 1 Boys hostels and 1 Girls Hostels are available for it's students with facilities including Boys Hostel, Canteen, Girls Hostel, Mess, Tv room, Recreation Room

BOYS HOSTEL
Capacity 66
No. of Hostels 1
GIRLS HOSTEL
Capacity 60
No. of Hostels 1

Students Activities & Clubs

NCC

NCC unit (both girls & boys) under 11 Bengal BN has been established in the year 1948 to encourage student for short defense training. Willing students can join the unit after selection by the unit head Dr. Sanjib Kumar Jana.