Bharath University, Chennai Campus & Infrastructure
At BIHER the students are endowed with modern infra which helps to make their life to go easy in college hours. Some are the facilities which make learning more interesting are
- Modern classrooms
- Computer labs which good connectivity
University support students in the field of sports with special facilities:
- Providing special sponsor for the students who are participating in state level and national level tournament
- The students who are participating in district-level tournament for them university offers 50% of sponsorship
- University has provided a coach for the improvement of students in cricket, volleyball and basketball
- Yoga trainer is available for sports students
- University has the facility of hostels for boys and girls which provides all the facilities to students and has a mess which provides healthy and hygienic food to all the students.
- University provides the facility of transportation which covers all the major areas of the city.
Area 305 Acres
Buit up area 305 Acres
Total Students 10000
- Comp. Lab
- Medical Fac.
Students Activities & Clubs
The objective of National Cadet Corps is to develop character, comradeship, and capacity for leadership among youth in India. NCC at BIHER motivates the students with best training and the ideals of selfless service. The training inculcates team spirit, a sense of nationalism and it also helps in developing the overall personality of an individual. The BIHER NCC was started in 1996 as a Independent Company. The first and the second year students are enrolled for the duration of three years. NCC parades are regularly conducted in BIST Ground on every Saturday from 7.00 to 11.00 AM as per Parade Schedule. Pre-parade meeting is also conducted in front of the NCC Office on every Friday from 4.30 to 5.30 PM
The NCC cadets actively participate in the Independence Day and Republic Day celebration in the campus. Annual Training Camp, Republic Day Camp (RDC - New Delhi), Inter Group Competitions (IGC), National Integration Camp (NIC) and special camps like Trekking Camp, Firing Camp are held periodically.
The NCC unit at BIHER functioning under the guidance of Associate NCC Officer - Lt Dr. R. Udayakumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology who has completed the Direct Commission Refresher Course which is conducted for NCC officers in Officer Training Academy, ---- during --- with ---grade.