College of Engineering Roorkee (CER) Haridwar Campus & Infrastructure
Area 75 Acres
Sports Grounds 3
Total Students 846
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Conference Room
Students Activities & Clubs
PROMOTING STUDENT COMMUNITY TO BE A PART OF SOLUTION NOT POLLUTION.
“Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” Eco-Club, College Of Engineering Roorkee was established in 2009, under the supervision of Dr. Romesh Kumar Sharma. The club was formed with the aim of making the students aware of environmental issues and their duties towards the nature.
Eco-club is a group of like-minded people and we focus on generating interest about resource conservation, sustainable development and other environmental issues among the student community. Over the years club has organised the following events:
- ECO CLUB ran a campaign in the COER campus to install artificial bird nests all over the campus to make it more environments friendly.
- The club carried out a Dustbin Drive with the object of having a ‘green campus – clean campus.
- The club has been organizing several events in the campus since last 5 years. The aim of conducting these events is to make the students aware of their duties towards the nature.
- The club celebrates various environment related days in the college.
- The club played a prominent role in the Ganga Cleaning Mission in the years 2010, 2013 ,2014 and 2015.
- The club organizes its annual festival HARITIMA with the aim to involve students in real time solution to environmental issues..
- Cleanliness drive in the surrounding areas of the college
- Conducts a Workshop by PETA(People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals)- India annually.
- Conducts NATURATHON- A Nature themed Marathon event.
COER AERO CLUB (CAC) is an aviation club of COER. It works in the field of design and aviation by making Remote Controlled (RC) planes and multirotors etc. The club was formed by student of batch 2011-15, Mr. Varun Joshi (ME Branch) with the help of Mr. Varun Pratap Singh, Assistant Professor (ME Branch) in 2015. Mr. Varun Pratap Singh Assistant Professor (ME Branch) is convener of the club and Karan Pratap Singh (EN-IV) is a student coordinator of Club. The main Object of this club is enhancing the students towards the aviation science and provides them well knowledge about RC planes, Multirotors & Gliders etc.
The club members have participated in many competition and workshops like IIT Roorkee Techfest, IIT Kanpur Techfest, IIT Kharagpur Techfest and BOEING Workshop in last 3 years and Varun Joshi (ME-branch) (2011-15 batch) got 1st position in RC flying competition in IIT Roorkee Techfest in 2015.Now the Club is enhancing the students towards the aviation science and new technology of it. The major annual events of club are to conduct workshop on making Gliders and RC planes with integration of renowned clubs and institutes of this field.
CAC having standardized lecture series, tutorials and formats of training for new comers, where students can groom their thoughts for aviation by making RC plans and Drons. CAC also having focused in the field of R&D activity to find out the gap for further work so our team members can make major projects for either industry or R&D institutions. CAC is also planning to run the Joint training program with other academic and research institution by collaborating with one or two renowned national clubs. The vision of club is that, in future club will work in the field of research by making major project which can use by defense and other industries, who are looking for their RC plane/ Dron solution (like RC Plane which can lift 2.5 kg weight ffor30 minutes, RC plane for topographic survey and RC plane for construction activities) and start research publication.
Any education that does not teach the subject of your body and conciousness with you and that prevents one from being destructive .Thus adopting this motto COER ,has provided the facility in its full form of its 'HEALTH CLUB'. Besides it all kinds of sports facilities are available for the COERians. It is full fledged with multiple mechanical devices for body builders. Also, When someone works out next to us, it makes us push harder and not give up. COER health club has a lot of really nice equipments.