Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
- Campus Recreation has a variety of facilities to best meet the health and fitness needs of the CSU community, including the award-winning Student Recreation Center.
- Housed within the Student Rec Center, the Aquatic facility features a rock wall, current channel, four 25-yard lap lanes, zero depth entry with sprayers, volleyball and basketball area, spa, sauna, and steam room.
- The wall offers 55 linear feet of bouldering, two free-standing towers for roped climbing, and an outdoor, free-standing boulder.
- The Student Rec Center has five fitness studios including a state-of-the-art cycling studio, mat room for boxing and martial arts, yoga studio with sweeping views out to the CSU Intramural fields, and two flexible studios for group fitness classes with floor-to-ceiling mirrors and booming sound systems.
- Four courts for drop-in basketball anchor the main gym of the Student Recreation Center, circled by the 1/8th mile track on the second story. In addition, the Rec Center has a second gym, the Mac Gym, which allows for additional drop-in activitiy space and where several drop-in sports are scheduled, such as badminton and volleyball.
- With 24,000 square feet of cardio and weight fitness area, students can always find a place to meet their wellness goals. In order to keep the feeling of privacy, the space is carefully laid out into workout areas which include weight rooms, stretching nooks, a cardio area that looks out two-story windows to the Rocky Mountain foothills, and much more. Other innovative spaces include a private studio with free weights and mats for those students who are just starting on their fitness journey, a boxing area, and a TRX Suspension training space.
- Immediately outside the entrance to the Student Recreation Center is a variety of outdoor recreation spaces that Campus Recreation manages. These spaces include:
- Outdoor Sand Volleyball Courts
- Court 1 (southwest court): Men’s net height of 8’
- Court 2 (southeast court): Women’s net height of 7’4”
- Courts 3 - 5 (north courts): Coed net height of 7’8’’
- 3 Full Outdoor Basketball Courts and One Half Court
- Outdoor Inline Hockey Rink (low bounce hockey balls only)
- All courts are available for drop-in recreation and for special reservation. To reserve one of the outdoor spaces, contact our facility reservation staff. To view the current reservations (which take priority over drop-in recreation) . Outdoor sport equipment can be checked out at the Service Center inside the SRC lobby.
- The Intramural Fields (softball and mixed-use fields) are managed and reserved by the CSU Facilities department.
- The Tennis Complex is a university resource managed and scheduled by Facilities Management, located on South Campus adjacent to the Veterinary Teaching Hospital complex - a short walk or bike ride from the main campus. There are a total of 12 courts of which 8 are lighted.
- Priority use of the Tennis Complex is given to University academic programs and athletics.
- Current CSU students, faculty/staff may access the courts around scheuled events and academic classes by using their ID card.
- The Tennis Complex is open seasonally mid-March through the end of October
- The hours of operation are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. (M - F) and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (SA - SU).
- Restrooms are only open Monday through Friday (unles pre-arranged through a reservation).
- Courts must be reserved for use by non-University organizations by contacting the University Scheduling Office, 970-491-0056. Rental fees and other requirements may apply.
Total Students 33198
Interested in this college?