Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
The Central Library is aesthetically housed in the main building with an adequate space & good ambiance with the area of about 730 sq.mt with 250 seating capacity. Open access system is followed in the library.
Library Automation Software – Easylib Software
• The library is automated using the user-friendly library automation software called “Easylib software” which also takes care of institutions digital library.
• The completely automated library management system makes it possible to search the database easily and borrow the materials at ease.
• Computers in the library are provided with OPAC (Open Access Catalogue) which students can use for the specific search (like Author wise, Title wise etc.) and book location in the college library.
The GSSSIETW Library consists of a Central Library and 6 departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, research and extension programmes of the institution.
GSSSIETW Library is setting time to time new goals and successful in achieving all the goals. It has emerged as modern library with its state of the art facilities and good infrastructure.
Hostel Facility True
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women GSSS MYSORE Mysuru,
Interested in this college?
Students Activities & Clubs
With the Motto of NSS was launched on the 100th birthday of MahatmaGandhi as a Youth Service Programmein 1969 by the Govt. of India
Major Objectives of NSS are :
- To develop a sense of civic and social responsibility.
- To identify the needs in the community and to develop solutions.
- To work with/among people.
- To engage in creative and constructive social action
- To gain skills in programme development for self-employment.
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and the uneducated masses.
- To promote the will to serve the weaker section of the community
The overall objective is personality Development Through Social Service
GSSSIETW is an engineering institute established in the year 2003 by Geetha Shishu Shikshana Sangha(R), Mysore to provide engineering education exclusively for women. The trust was established in the year 1975 by late Prof. B S Pandit, who was a true visionary and academician himself. The trust consists of eminent citizens who are social workers, Auditors and member in educational bodies in the society. Who have objective to establish and develop education institution which are committed to value based education. The institution offers 6 UG courses in engineering namely Computer Science & Engineering (intake 120), Electronics & Communications (intake 120), Information Science & Engineering (intake 60), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (intake 60), Telecommunication Engineering (intake 60) and Instrumentation Technology (intake 60) with total intake of 480 students and two PG courses namely Digital Communication & Engineering (intake 18) and Computer science & Engineering (intake 18) & in addition one PG course in MBA with 120 intake.
To add additional facilities of providing entrepreneurship opportunities to the students of our institution, we propose to establish an Entrepreneurship Development Cell in our campus. Some of our senior faculty members, are having certificate issued by Govt. of Karnataka by attending 15 days Entrepreneurship Development Programme and are fully aware of developing EDC at our institute. The training was conducted by CEDOK, Govt. of Karnataka in association with District Industries Centre, Mysore and Department of Industries and Commerce, Govt. of Karnataka and sponsored by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
In Mysore there is a large potential graduates in the technical field, who require training to become an entrepreneurs. Approximately 5000 UG graduates, 1000 Diploma holders and 200 ITI certified students who are being produced by Engineering, Polytechnic & ITI colleges in around Mysore district. Further in every engineering institute at least some 20% of project works done/ of innovation type require the entrepreneurship support to transform them to feasible products. There is a large industrial area of 3494 acres available and 1553 acres proposed at Mysore proper. There are approximately 50 large scale industries, 150 medium scale industries and many small scale industries. Major IT companies and industries like L&T Infotech, Infosys Technologies, BEML, CFTRI, DFRL, Wipro Technologies & others exists at Mysore proper.
The technical field of proposal of our institute EDC aims at establishing an Incubation Centre to the trained and untrained graduates/entrepreneurs and also guides the graduates or trainees who are unemployed to become entrepreneurs by gaining the experience by training or conceptual learning at our EDC. Now a days education has become the business. Institutes are trying to attract the students by showing their earlier placement records. Also students prefer to join the institute which has good placement records. Students have a mindset that joining the industry is the only way to earn after their degrees.
Especially when it comes to girl students, always they wanted to be at the safer side by getting some job in industry. Even though there are so many projects in the government, they do not bother because they do not know the schemes, facilities and support available by the government. There is good saying in kannada that “hennondu kalitare, shaleyondu teredante”, means that If one lady becomes educated, surely she will open a new school and make whole village educated.
GSSSIETW is mainly built to educate women’s towards engineering & technology domain. When students enter into the institute, they do not know anything about entrepreneurship and its advantages. It is for sure that if they understood the facilities by government, support from private and government agencies, availability of resources and the procedure etc… they will start their own venture and they will help our government by creating job opportunities.
We understood the zeal and interest of our students to become entrepreneurs, when we conducted Entrepreneurship Motivation Campaign for 50 engineering students. So here is the right opportunity for the AICTE to sponsor EDC to the institute where it can educate entrepreneurship culture to the more number of women and can resolve the job opportunity problems of our country.
- To impart Entrepreneurship skills to the students
- To create Entrepreneurship culture in the campus
- To motivate and support our students to become Entrepreneurs
- To educate our students for the ongoing commercial affairs
- Visiting Successful Industries for practical understanding of the current trends
- Inviting experts from various sectors like Banks, Industries, Electrical Boards, Energy
- Conservation Boards, etc.. to highlight the support from different private and government agencies
- 7 To setup Incubation Centre in our campus to facilitate resources to the skilled unemployed women graduates
Project Impact - Expected outcome :
- Entrepreneurship culture in the campus
- Increase in the confidence level of the students where they can think of their own venture
- Increases the Industry Institute relation
- Exposure on current trends in Engineering & Technology
- Innovative and Creative project development activities
- Eradicating employment problem of our country
Entrepreneurship Development Cell Activities - Even Semester 2017
National Level Seminar on Innovation & Entrepreneurship “FIEESTA-17” was held on 10th May 2017 at Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mysuru.
- No. of hours programme conducted :- 4 Hrs
- No. of students :- 03
Major Objectives of cultural forum :
- To promote art in all its expressions and to provide a platform for students to showcase their talents and also explore their creative, artistic and aesthetic sensibilities
- To encourage innovation and creativity and equip the students with leadership qualities
- To provide good exposure and to nuture budding talents
- To help students to develop discipline ,resilience and social skills improving their capabilities to work as a team.