Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (JGEC) Jalpaiguri Campus & Infrastructure
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College provides its students a wide range of facilities like any other renowned institution of its kind.
Some of them are:
- A Central Library having 15,000 titles and 40,000 volumes with modern software for library management and documentation.
- Central Computing Facilities that provides a lab housing around 110 PCs and Central Servers.
- Campus-wide Local Area Network in both wired optical fibre as well as wireless frameworks.
- Video Conferencing System for virtual interactive classroom facilities from the faculties of priemier institutes in India and abroad.
- Modern state-of-the-art Language cum Personality Development Lab to enhance the communication and managerial skills of its students.
- Five hostels that provide accomodation to about 75% of the students.
- Guest House to facilitate staying of parents, researchers and visiting faculty.
- Suitable Healthcare Facilities for its students under the charge of a full-time Residential Medical Officer.
- A Gymnasium to aid the students maintain their fitness.
- In-campus Post Office for Jalpaiguri - 735102, in-campus branch of the State Bank of India (Danguajhar branch) and multiple college canteens.
Area 160 Acres
Sports Grounds 3
Hostel Facility True
Total Course 8
- AV Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Guest house
- Medical Fac.
Students Activities & Clubs
Photography Club was one of the earliest clubs to be established, back in 1965. Since then, it has relentlessly pursued excellence in the field of film and digital photography. The club organizes training programmes in photography techniques and development every year. Activities are not limited just to the studio and darkroom. Since the college is situated in a very beautiful natural surrounding, regular photographic expeditions are organized.
Untill the previous year we were limited to develop only black and white films but during the current session, we successfully started a tradition of developing color films in C41 method. Our aim in the upcoming session is to start developing E6 films.
The Photography Club recruits it's members by a selection procedure which involves a workshop for 3 to 5 days, followed by a written exam.
Symphony of the Soul is the only recluse for mankind.And it is in the achieving of this salvation that the Music Club of Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College was formed.Calypsos of the Campus,the Music Club has no dearth of instruments, constantly nurturing new talents.Membership is restricted to the students only.The Annual Music Fest "CaLiPhOnY" is an eagerly awaited feature among the students.As students we all love the 3 M's of life,but it is only for the Music Club that MUSIC gets top priority at JGEC.
The Music Club organizes a Music Fest every year that is eagerly waited by students.
Dance, being perhaps one of the most primal and spontaneous expressions of life known to man, is a representation of freedom, beauty and elegance all at once. The Dance Club at JGEC was founded with the aim of exercising this wonderful form of manifestation of emotions, sentiment and passion.
The Dance Club undertakes regular rehearsals and practise sessions to nurture and enhance the talents present in the students of the college.