Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering (JNNCE) Shimoga Campus & Infrastructure
Infrastructure of JNNCE is being continuously developed. A huge, spacious and elegant New Library and Information Centre building with Digital Library is completed recently. Construction of both first phase and second phase of new Girls’ Hostel building is completed. It is interesting to note that more than 12,000 graduates in various disciplines - Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Information Science, Telecommunication Engineering and post graduation programmes of M.Tech, M.C.A. and M.B.A. and Ph.D and M.Sc (Engg.) by research in various disciplines have shown their professional acumen and are respected in industry, R&D, Government organizations & academic institutions in India and across the world. A new M.Tech programme in Power Electronics has been started from 2014-15.
Area 50 Acres
Total Students 3500
Hostel Facility True
Total Course 16
- Acad. Zone
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Edu. Fest
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Resid. Institue
Students Activities & Clubs
District Bio Fuel Demonstration and Information Center JNN College of Engineering, Shimoga:
Bio Fuel means Bio Diesel or ethanol produced from non edible oils, juice of plants and animal fat. Bio diesel is produced from non edible oils such as Pongamia, Neem, Jathropa etc. by transesterification process. The advantages of bio fuel are many.
- Employment for rural sector and additional income generation.
- Good quality manure for agriculture land
- Helps large scale Aforestation
- Prevents soil erosion and helps to improve soil fertility and water table
- It is renewable and eco friendly
- No engine modification required for the use of biodiesel
- Engine life increases and less lubricant is required
- Lesser quantity of polluting gas emissions.
- Helps to reduce global warming
- Saves import of crude petroleum
Considering the above advantages, Government of Karnataka has formed Biofuel development board under which district level “Biofuel Demonstration and Information centers have been set up in various districts. Shimoga district center has been set up at JNN College of Engineering. This information centre has been conceptualised as a showcase to study, promote & demonstrate all aspects of the bio-fuel business namely,
- Providing information on Bio Fuels.
- Various sources of oil.
- Agronomic practices for these sources.
- Post-harvest technologies like de-cortication, oil expelling etc.
- Treatment & uses of oils.
- Trans-esterification methods & efficiencies.
- Quality control of seeds, oils & blended bio-diesel & ethanol.
- Optimisation of usage of straight vegetable oils (SVO`s) & blended bio-fuels.
- Exploration of various business models w.r.t. Bio-fuel secto.r
- R&D and extension services.
It is functioning since one month and has produced 400 literes of Bio Diesel so far. Test runs on vehicles have been carriedout.
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji's Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 Universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country. From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from Universities, Colleges and Institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
National Service Scheme (NSS) unit of the college is very active in conducting various activities such as seminars on topics like "personality development, Awareness on Drugs, AIDS, Blood donation" etc.Our Volunteers have participated in ID/RD Parade, at State Level and National Level. NSS unit also conducts programme on planting trees, adoption of villages, blood donation camps etc. Our NSS Unit is considered as one of the best units in the University. Sri H. B. Suresh is heading the NSS team of our college. A blood donation camp has been arranged on 08/05/2007 with the co-operation of Rotary club.