Infrastructure development provides the backbone for the progressive growth and development of the college. The following facilities are made available for the students for their academic growth and overall development.
• Campus with Wi-Fi Connectivity.
• Departments with - Smart Board, LCD Projectors, Computers, Printer and Internet Connectivity.
• 60 spacious, ventilated class rooms with sufficient seating arrangements.
• A well furnished automated Library with OPAC facility, 61,885 books, 2,991 Text Books, 3,000 Reference Books, 40 Journals.
• General Computer Lab with 60 computers, Printer, LCD Projector and Internet Connectivity.
• Intercom connectivity to all the Departments and Service Areas.
• Seminar Hall equipped with LCD Projector and LED TV and one Lounge.
• AC Nonresidential Room.
• Public Telephone Booth.
• Photo Processing Unit - Lab and Dark Room.
• Auditorium Cum Indoor Stadium with 2000 seating capacity.
• 2 Hostels, 1 Canteen, Ice cream Corner and Coffee Counter.
• College manages over 5 acres of space for sports and games. Our Sports center is well equipped with Badminton Court to 400m 8 lane track.
• 6 Well-equipped Computer Labs - 1 in the Arts Block (Commerce) and 5 in the Science Block (Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology).
• A well equipped IT Center with various authorized computer education programs.
• Departmental Labs for U.G. and P.G. programmes: Botany - 2, Zoology - 2, Chemistry - 3, Physics - 2, Biotechnology - 1.
• Tissue Culture Lab, Bioinformatics Lab, Molecular Biology Lab and Microbiology Lab.
• Herbarium - Dept. of Botany.
• Heritage Museum - Dept. of History.
• Biodiversity Museum - Dept. of Zoology.
• Medicinal Garden, Green House.
Hostel Facility True
Total Course 20
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
- Seminar Hall
Students Activities & Clubs
The National Service Scheme has been functioning in Mercy College from 1969, since the year of its inception at the national level. At the time of its establishment, it had only one unit, while the college was granted a second unit in the year 2000.
The overall aim of NSS is to give an extension dimension to the higher education system and orient the student youth to community service. The motto of the scheme is "Not Me, But You". It is a student- centred programme aimed at developing the personality of the participating volunteer.
Objective: "Development of the personality of students through community service."
Adopted Village: Pirayiri
The NSS Activities are categorized into two: Regular NSS Activities and Special Camping Programmes.
Child Friendly Village
NSS Units of Mercy College in association with Childline has initiated various programmes in the adopted village, Pirayiri in order to raise the particular Panchayat to the status of a Child Friendly Panchayath.
A remedial educational programme for the under- privileged students of the locality on June 15, 2013. The NSS volunteers of Mercy College actively take part in educating the underprivileged students of the locality by taking special tuitions for them every evening after college.
Community Library – Pusthakathottil
The NSS units opened a community library for the under- privileged students of the locality. The library consists of 600+ books, guides and various magazines and the books will be issued for the children twice a week.
Aazchavttam is an informal debate and discussion forum with its objective to create campus awareness.
Cleaning Mission and Health Awareness Campaigns
NSS Volunteers take part in various cleaning missions and conduct health awareness campaigns for the members of both campus and community.
NSS Volunteers take part in plantation of trees, nature justice campaigns, rallies, street plays, awareness classes etc.
NCC was started in November 1969 with 108 cadets and one officer under the 5 Kerala girls BN. NCC. Cadets of our NCC unit participate in the independence and republic day celebrations conducted every year at Fort Maiden Palakkad. Regular activities of the NCC include the weakly parades which commence in the month of august. Every year cadets appear for 'B' & 'C' certificate exams. One National Integration Camp was held at Mercy College from 22nd Dec '05 to 2 Jan '06 in which 650 cadets from all over India participated.
A Quiz Club has been functioning in this college from 2000 in which various departments are members. They conduct Periodical quizzes and a record of scores of each participant is maintained. Based on their performance, they are given chances to participate in the quiz competitions outside the college. It creates a healthy competition among the students.
Nature Club of Mercy College is an extra-curricular club which envisions increasing eco-consciousness and promotes environmental sustainability in young minds. It has an annual membership of 250 members. The club attempts to spread awareness about the environment and undertake activities to nurture and help the environment regenerate. The Nature Club while having strongly committed to conservation believes that a fun element is necessary to have meaningful and sustained contribution by the young to the conservation efforts.
The objectives of the club are:
To help young people experience the wonder and wilderness of nature.
To create awareness about environment and issues of conservation.
To initiate conservation action and conservation education activities.
To promote environment friendly lifestyles.
Entrepreneurship Development Club is formed to inculcate Entrepreneurial Culture among students and equip them with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as torch-bearers of Enterprise of the new generation.
To inculcate social virtues such as trustworthiness, integrity, hard work, discipline, honesty etc. as constituents of entrepreneurship.
To bring in successful entrepreneurs and students on a common platform.
To inculcate entrepreneurial culture in students.
To change the mind set on the negative attitude prevailing among the students for taking entrepreneurship as career.
To educate students about the various dimensions of industry.
To nurture the latent entrepreneurial talents in students.
Founded in 1985, The Camera Club is one of the oldest and most distinguished photographic clubs in the arena. The Camera Club promotes interest in all aspects of photography as an art form accessible to all, and welcomes student members who enjoy photography at all experience levels, amateur and professional.
Technical Guidance: "Image" an association of creative photographers Technical staff: Mr. K. V. Vincent, Mr. A. C. Babu Jayan, Mr. P. Mohandas
- Slide show to inspire young photographers.
- Theory and practical classes twice a week.
- Field trips (details given below)
- Modeling sessions.
- Photo exhibition cum photo contest "FOTO ART".
- Theory and practical examinations.
- Valedictory function- Distribution of course certificates and prize distribution.