The campus of New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCP – M) is located at the vicinity of the corporate region of the city. The college owns spacious, well ventilated lecture halls, seminar hall and conference rooms are equipped with modern technology facilities. Well stocked and fully computerized library is available in the college. Cafeteria, book store, separate hostel for boys and girls, state of the art indoor stadium, stationary shops are built in the campus. Besides this other important facilities are round the clock security, ambulance service, RO drinking water.
Area 11 Acres
Sports Grounds 2
Total Students 1536
- Acad. Zone
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Resid. Institue
- Resid. std
- Resid. Fac.
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Recreation Room
Students Activities & Clubs
Auto Avishkar is a community of completely passionate motor heads who share a common interest in automotive innovations. Do join our club to exclusively be a part of exciting activities, we have in store for you.
“To provide a platform for students to interact with existing and evolving technologies in the field of automobile”
What we do
- Organise technical talk, seminar, workshops by industrial experts
- Discussion on limitations and advantages of current technologies in an understandable way
- Organise industrial visits
- Organise in-house project exhibitions and technical events
- Facilitate student participation in events conducted by colleges and professional bodies
“To implement and demonstrate automobile based mini projects with regard to latest technology”
“To provide knowledge of automotive industry with a forum for technical know – how and meet the growing challenges of operating in global environment.”
- We at GENESIS, spark interest in learning and science.
- Our club will give students a chance to question how or why things work.
- This club will give students a safe environment to learn and interact with others with similar interests.
- We also provide a safe place for students to explore and discover.
“To excel in innovative mathematical skills and to experiment the inherent skills through various enlightening activities. To improve competency in various engineering domains by strong mathematics.”
To provide intellectually rewarding technical platforms for developing strong academic, leadership and team building skill.
To produce biotechnology engineers by enabling them to achieve specific, time-bound goals and provide quality education, excellent knowledge base and relevant skill set with the scope of continuous improvement and opportunity in biotechnology domain.
To provide a holistic environment for inculcating critical and lateral thinking to empower the students with fundamental knowledge and advanced tools and motivate them to acquire strong ethical and intellectual capability along with societal and environmental awareness in the area of biotechnology engineering
To provide professional scaffolding for appreciating convergence of inter-related disciples in Biotechnology. To develop organizational skills, self governance, respect for diversity and value addition in BT domain.
To produce biotechnology engineers by enabling them to achieve specific, time-bound goals and provide quality education, excellent knowledge base and relevant skillsets with the scope of continuous improvement and opportunities in biotechnology domain.
To provide a holistic environment for inculcating critical and lateral thinking to empower the students with fundamentals knowledge and advanced tools and motivate them to acquire strong ethical and intellectual capabilities along with societal and environmental awareness in the area of biotechnology engineering
Our mission is to promote social and sporting activities amongst students, and to provide an opportunity to explore the outside world in the arena of Civil Engineering.
This club focuses on applications based on the techs, researched in today’s time which are directed towards the advancement of technology in general. Topics of study are: fuel and solid state air batteries, electromechanical exoskeleton, atmo-vortex engines, Electromag weapons, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, Gene therapy, cancer vaccines, nano-tech, stem cell therapy, 5G networking, etc…
Aims and objectives
In the IoT Club students will be enabled to:
- Make Robots
- Participate in competitions
- Make an play their own games
- Use Virtual Reality
Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and internet to store, retrieve, transmit, and manipulate data or information, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. IT is considered a subset of information and communications technology (ICT).
In a business context, the Information Technology Association of America has defined information technology as “the study, design, development, application, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems“. The responsibilities of those working in the field include network administration, software development and installation, and the planning and management of an organization’s technology life cycle, by which hardware and software are maintained, upgraded and replaced.
The business value of information technology lies in the automation of business processes, provision of information for decision making, connecting businesses with their customers, and the provision of productivity tools to increase efficiency.
Important Objectives of Information Technology in Business
objectives of information technology 6 Important Objectives of Information Technology in BusinessInformation technology plays an important role in today’s business world. Majority of the companies rely on this for the purpose of data processing, fast communications and acquiring market intelligence. Information technology helps business improve the processes of business it drives revenue growth, helps them achieve cost efficiency and more importantly, ensures they increase revenue growth while maintaining a competitive edge in the market place. As a business owner, you have to decide whether information technology is for you or not and the only way to do this is by looking at some of the factors that make it essential. These can be as highlighted below.
Integration of Stakeholders
This is one of the most important objectives of this concept and this is for the simple reason it ensures you enjoy great interconnectivity. Through investor relation websites, companies are able to communicate with their research analysts, shareholders and other important market holders for the purpose of staying ahead in business.
The duration it takes for products to get into the market can be easily speeded up with this type of technology. This is for the simple reason it makes it possible for the majority of companies to write documents for product requirement through gathering the best market intelligence from customers, proprietary databases as well as sales representatives. It is through this that businesses are also able to get manufacturing software and computer software which makes it easy to speed up decision making. All manner of businesses are at liberty to enjoy these benefits and what is more, it also ensures they get platforms for adhering to the changes noted in customer requirements.
This is another key benefit associated with information technology. They can get enterprise resource planning systems (ERP) which make it easy for managers to review costs, sales and any other types of operating metrics on a software platform that is fully integrated and in real time.
Increased Cost Efficiency
The initial costs of implementing this kind of plan can be quite high and while this is the case, the resulting benefits are rewarding since they can be enjoyed in the long term. Through this, businesses are able to reduce implantation and transaction costs and what is more, they end up getting solutions that are production oriented. When it is used effectively, it also ensures that the customer service and quality of products is not compromised and this helps by increasing the benefits enjoyed by the company.
A competitive environment is essential for majority of businesses to succeed and it is for this reason that information technology comes in handy. It exposes businesses on an international and local level making it easy for a competitive environment to be created. It helps by integrating different aspects together to ensure that the business is placed at the forefront as far as provision of quality services goes.
It is for all these reasons and more that information technology will continue to attract the attention of majority of business people. It not only gives them the chance to save on operation costs but also gives them a competitive edge.
GOALS OF HCI
“A usable software system is one that supports the effective and efficient completion of tasks in a work context”
The bottom-line benefits of more usable software system to business users include:
- Increased productivity
- Decreased user training time and cost
- Decreased user errors
- Increased accuracy of data input and data interpretation
- Decreased need for ongoing technical support
Mobile Application Development Club is to advocate for the education and creation of modern applications within the mobile space. Through the advancement of programming skills found within the subset of mobile development and the utilization of small teams to create meaningful projects, the Mobile Application Development Club seeks to enrich mobile development activity on campus for all students of NHCE. This provides students with the opportunity to see their ideas come to fruition, forming a new community built upon creativity, teamwork, entrepreneurship, and learning.
To provide insight into existing and evolving technologies and products.
To implement and demonstrate electronics-based hobby projects and products.
To connect with engineering professionals and conduct technical events.
- To engage students in the collaborative process of team work.
- To strengthen students’ creative skills in live performances.
- To engage in critical studies and the history of various dance forms, theater and performance with rigor and curiosity.
- To create unique and challenging and diverse live performances and share them with the community outside the college.
- To provide a platform for the students to further develop their dance skills.
- To motivate students to involve in all the activities that happen in the college.
- To showcase their talents.
- Demonstration of nuanced understanding of collaboration in the creative process through leadership, participation and reflection.
- The application of a variety of value systems, ascetics and approaches to a performance.
- Highlight inclusive communities through dance.
- To develop communication skills, interpersonal skills, team work and leadership among students.
- The Music club is a vibrant and high spirited society of students who are passionate about music.
- The purpose of the club is to showcase the musical talents of the students and to provide a platform for free expression.
- The club encourages young musicians to interact with one and other and presents a platform to expose their inherent talents. It enables students to utilize their free time productively and do something that the young music enthusiasts are passionate about.
- The club recognizes exceptional talents and guides them in the right direction.
The goal of the Art club is to encourage and empower NHCE students to use their artistic talent, gift or passion in the furtherance of a contemporary social issue and excel at them here.
The Art club aims at promoting inspirational art throughout NHCE, thereby giving all students equal opportunities to contribute to the college with their artistic talents, To motivate students to be passionate about something and have the motivation to share and spread that passion with others. To involve students with the Art and its different forms of expressions, both socially and professionally.
The club offers a competing platform for the knowledge-hungry students. It promises to cultivate a passion for quizzing, Debating, creative writing, literature, Elocution, etc.,. among the students.
- Literary club is to develop self-efficacy and confidence and would help to enhance the general knowledge base.
- works in tandem to benefit students in the disciplines of writing and speaking by conducting events that are both instructional and enjoyable.
- Sharpening the skills of logical thinking
- It develops excellent communication skills and teaches students to think spontaneously.
• Create and maintain an active community which supports students to become professionals in photography.
• Develop and maintain deep supportive relationships with other clubs activities.
• To spread awareness about the role of Photography for societal benefit.
- The club will take initiatives for the general social welfare program
- To arouse the social conscience of the students’ and to provide them with an opportunity to work with the people in the villages and slums
- To understand the community in which they work
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and to involve them in problem-solving process
- To develop a sense of civic responsibility among students
- To utilize students’ knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- To mobilize community participation
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop the ability to handle emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
- To conduct social service activities like cleaning the campus, planting trees, blood donation camps, etc.
We just couldn’t have put it better ourselves.
In a world that is filled with cut-throat competition and everyone around you is in a constant fight to be the best, confidence is the key that opens various doors of opportunity. The most coveted amongst these opportunities, is leadership.
If you look at it, the ones who really make or break the future of a nation are its leaders. This does not only involve the ruling government, but also the political class, as well as the associated bureaucracy. As much as we might not approve of some of our politicians, we have to accept that we cannot do without them either.
Yet, how many of us know about the dynamics of governments and ruling bodies world over, or even our own nation? We are the largest democracy in the world, yet we term politics as dirty, and shy away from public dialogue.
As a country that also boasts of the world’s largest youth population, it is important that as students we are informed of the workings of our society, its economics, the issues that we face, and of course, the politics that influence it all. This is exactly what the Socio-Political club of New Horizon College of Engineering has set out to do.
Our aim is not only to inculcate a sense of social and political development amongst our peers, but at the same time to influence social harmony, national integration and of course, to accelerate personal development in the areas of leadership and effective communication.
If you love to debate and play devil’s advocate, are open to ideas that can shape our society, do not hesitate to speak out your mind, and think you have it in you to be part of the next generation of movers and shakers, come along and join us!
Adventure sports for students is highly popular among youth. Participation in adventure and related outdoor activities promotes among students leadership, courage, vigor, and a sense of self-growth and comradeship.
- To provide opportunities to the students to experience outdoor adventures and stay connected with the other students.
- To provide the students with experiential learning that motivates them to expand their knowledge and leadership.
- To develop the spirit of adventure among the students.
- To provide a rich learning opportunity for students to practice and apply their skills as leaders and facilitators of adventure pursuits.
- To motivate adventure enthusiasts to unleash their potential.
- To lay emphasis on physical fitness and adventure that aim to increase student productivity levels as well as build team spirit in an environment of friendship and trust.
- To develop the spirit of adventure among New Horizontes.
• To promote a sound mind in a sound body.
• To bring about awareness about how important it is to keep physical and mental fitness.
• To provide quality recreational programs and services that enhance the academic, recreational and leisure experiences .
• To encourage a healthy, balanced lifestyle and the constructive socially acceptable use of leisure time.
• To develop a personal awareness of physical health
• To establish attainable goals and maintain accountability
• To Increase self-confidence in the students.
• To organize activities of physical fitness.
- To provide students with the opportunity to express and develop their ideas and talent through media.
- Contribute stories, photos, videos and articles about New Horizon that would cover events, celebrations, and different activities happening in and around the college.
Fashion is about something that comes from within. Fashion is the armour to survive the reality of everyday life. The Fashion Club of New Horizon College of Engineering is a place to express artistic freedom in the fashion world.
- To create a platform for students to explore the world of fashion.
- To enhance their creativity in Fashion.
- Enlightening students about fashion technology.
- To inculcate the importance and sense of dressing and presentability in a professional environment.
- To develop a fresh perspective towards fashion.
- To improve students fashion designing skills.
- To develop and maintain a unique and professional image.
- To boost students confidence and the development of personality.
- To help members grow, develop and express themselves in a mutual love for fashion.
- To inform, inspire and connect students on a platform where they can exchange knowledge, build awareness, generate interest and receive recognition.
- To motivate students to participate in activities occurring both in and outside college for a better exposure.
To provide the youth of the world with an opportunity for development and contribution, individually and collectively, as responsible members of the local, national and international community.
Goals and Objectives:
- Our overall goal is to teach important life skills athletes will use beyond their sport. This includes developing our athlete’s work ethic beyond their comfort zone, teaching what it means to be unconditionally committed, how to deal with adversity while working with others, and how to compete at a high level with respect, integrity, and confidence.
- To provide the best possible coaching and to give each player the opportunity to excel.
- To develop volleyball fundamental skills and advanced techniques.
- To provide a positive experience
- To promote good sportsmanship and character
- To provide exposure at the collegiate/university level and opportunity for a scholarship.
- To compete and win the highest level of the sport(state and national)
- Spread love and passion for the game.
- To develop sportsmanship and team spirit in individuals
- To provide healthy competition through inter-college and intra-college tournaments.
- Create an environment to achieve excellent and unique methodologies of training.
- To develop an understanding of the importance of the sport in pursuit of a healthy and active lifestyle at college and beyond.
- To develop the physical, mental and social capabilities of the individuals.
- To develop leadership skills, teamwork and tolerance in each and every member.
- Club meetings will be held once in 15 days, on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month to discuss the progress and programs to be undertaken for the benefit of the club.
To provide a platform for students to learn and improve in the game.
To raise a team for VTU sports and to motivate the players.
- To raise awareness of sporting and leisure facilities and achievements.
- To motivate students to involve in the activities like sports
- To showcase their talent.
- To develop interpersonal skills, teamwork and leadership among students.
- To strengthen student skills in the game.
- To encourage students to join clubs and take regular exercise.
- To provide students, faculty and staff the oppturnity for instruction and participation in badminton of which one may develop sound, lifelong leisure values.
- Club meeting will be held once in 15 days, on the 2nd or 4th Saturdays of every month to discuss the progress and programs to be undertaken for the benefit of the club.
- To raise awareness of sporting and leisure facilities and achievements
- To assess existing clubs and facilities.
- To draw up a list of clubs, facilities and contacts
- To encourage the students to join clubs and take regular exercise
- To lobby for improved facilities for sport.
- To raise a team for the VTU SPORTS.
- To provide students, faculty, and staff the opportunity for instruction and participation in the sports of which one may develop sound, lifelong leisure values.
- To develop leadership skills by providing opportunities for students to organize, administer, and manage the Club Sport Council.
- To provide an avenue for camaraderie and to develop a sense of belonging among individuals in the shared pursuit of sport.
- To provide an outlet for advanced participation and competition in a particular sport.
- To secure funds, facilities and equipment necessary to learn and practice skills of a particular sport.
- To promote sport and fitness .
- Club meeting will be held once in 15 days, on the 2nd or 4th Saturdays of every month to discuss the progress and programs to be undertaken for the benefit of the club.
- Football will be a sport when people flourish in a supportive committee.
- To overcome one’s weakness.
- Spread the love and passion for the game.
- To perform as a team and play to win all the tournaments.
- To promote awareness of the benefits of the equality.
- Expose and challenge all aspects of discrimination.
- Share information about all good practices.
- Supportive individual.
- Club meetings will be held once in 15 days, on the 2nd or 4th Saturdays of every month to discuss the progress and programs to be undertaken for the benefit of the club.