The NMKRV college for Women campus provides learning ambience to students. Owns well stocked library, spacious classrooms, big auditorium, Language lab, TV studio/Media lab, Computer Science lab, Botany lab, Psychology Lab, Electronics lab etc, equipped gym. Moreover, Arogya Kendra- health club, Cyber centre, Counseling centre, Eco Club, terrace farming and Herbal garden, hygienic spacious canteen area is available in the college campus.
Library, as any other, is a living, cultural institution that enriches our knowledge, strengthens our values and empowers our Autonomy.
NMKRV library has an incredible amount of resources for you! Resources available include in-person help and virtual reference services. The library collection includes thousands of print volumes as well as electronic resources. There are wonderful study spaces here for you.
The NMKRV college has a Arogya Kendra named after Kasturba Gandhi which was started in the year 1982. The main purpose is to provide first-aid and health care to the students and staff of the college. The health centre looks into various dimensions of women’s health, starting from regular health ailments to serious gynecological problems. Regular Annual Health Checkups are organized.
Chaithanya –Centre for “UGC – Remedial Coaching Classes”, was inaugurated in August 2005. It has been rendering services to all - category students of Arts, Science, Commerce and Management of our College, special preference being given to SCs/STs and other Minority groups like Sikhs, Christians, Muslims and Buddhists and economically weaker sections. It also caters to the low achievers of General Category. Presently Dr.SwamyAthmananda , Associate Professor , Department of Kannada , is the Co- Ordinator of Chaitanya.
Total Course 20
- Academic Zone
- Computer Lab
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
- Residential Institute
- Residential Zone
- Residential Faculty Zone
Students Activities & Clubs
“Unity and Discipline” is the motto of NATIONAL CADET CORPS. It is aimed to develop character, comradeship, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
NMKRV Degree College for Women has a history of molding thousands of NCC cadets since the NCC 3/1 Company NCC (with the cadet strength of 52) of NMKRV Degree College, Bangalore, is attached to 1 Karnataka Girls Battalion NCC. It is serving under Karnataka and Goa Directorate.
The mission and vision of our NCC wing is to create awareness among the student community regarding their importance towards nation building. Besides, an NCC cadet is presented with a plethora of job opportunities in reputed government and public sectors. NCC fine tunes the personality of a person in total and mentally equips him to face the various challenges she may encounter in her life. NCC plays a role in ensuring to mold ‘a physically tough and mentally strong’ individual.
The total number of parades in a year is twenty. Training is held in the college campus. The regular parades include training in drill, map reading, weapon training etc. It also includes parades for firing, social service and adventure activities.
The adventure activities are parasailing, horse riding, rock climbing, firing, mountaineering, cycle expedition, motorcycle expedition, trekking etc.
Aims of NCC:
(a) To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure & sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens.
(b) To create a human resources of organized, trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed Forces and always available for the service of the Nation.
(c) To create suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
National Service Scheme provides the students have an opportunity to understand the community identify needs and problems as well as solutions in which they can be involved by assuming social and civic responsibility .NSS enables the students to participate in various programme of social service and national development and to help the community.
- Total Commitment to the cause of quality education.
- Undisrupted focus on shaping students towards Value Oriented Existence
- In a caring and positive environment,impart an education which enables all students to achieve personal standards of excellence in academic work as well as in supportive areas of physical, cultural and social developments.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relations to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
- Develop among themselves a some of social and civic responsibilities.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution and community problems to individual.
- Sharing responsibilities.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democrative attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergences and national disasters.
The motto of NSS “Not Me But You”
The belief is that the welfare of the individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole.
The NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
- The Konark Wheel in the Symbol has eight bars which represents the 24hrs of the day.
- The Red colour in the badge indicates that the NSS volunteers are full of blood lively active energetic and full of spirit.
- The Navy Blue colour indicates the welfare of mankind.
The Eco club of our college conducts various programme like
- Planting of saplings in near by barren areas of the college
- Antiplastic campaign
- Local need programme -Awareness programmes is conducted in various Government schools on pollution and its impact, Global warming and climatic changes etc by eco club members
- Conducting Lecture series on Environmental disasters, Water conservation Waste management recycling, organic farming etc by eminent speakers of respective fields
- Organizes competitions in Essay writing, painting, collage etc in related topics for students
- A Flash Mob was organized in association with the “Dancing Mists” led by Ms.Chitra to launch the Quiz Club.
- Overall agenda - A recreational activity, improvement in logical, analytical skills, inter personal skills
- The topics that will be covered :
- Current Affairs, General Knowledge
- SpEnt- Sports & Entertainment
- India & the World
- Business & Brands
- BBM Quiz
- BizTech Quiz
- India Quiz
- Lit Quiz
- SpENT Quiz
We provide a creative atmosphere of learning in the campus. Our aim and objective is to nurture ideas and aspirations of young minds. We also encourage diversity of thinking art activities. Our fine arts club aims at an interactive opportunity. We strive to create artistic students with responsibility in the dynamic contemporary culture. Club Activities will enable students to relate to art discourse and they have hands on experience with skills and craft. Students will have wide opportunities available for practicing as artists in their future.
We have collaboration with Pedilite Company ltd to teach different methods of paintings like galaxy painting tie and die method on fabric, one stroke painting of owl, flower basket painting, painting on clutches and had bags etc.
Students who take part in this activity will be given marks and credits on the basis of performance in their semester examinations.