The college is well-planned and well-designed, built with more than 4 lakhs square feet of constructed area. The aesthetically designed campus has ultramodern facilities with separate academic wing for each department, administration block, laboratories and workshops, state-of-the art computer labs, spacious classrooms, well-stocked library, conference hall, separate seminar hall for each department, canteen, dining hall with hygienic kitchen, playgrounds, and separate hostel for boys.
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Resid. Institue
- Resid. std
- Resid. Fac.
Students Activities & Clubs
This is a grand alliance involving the newspaper, corporate and the student community with a view to institutionalize the industry – institute interface.ECONOMIC TIMES CLUB (ETC)
The rationale behind this initiative is to fill the void between classroom learning and the corporate practices.FINANCIAL EXPRESS CLUB (FEC)
This club will be a platform for the students to have an exposure to the corporate world through the medium of guest lectures and other academic initiatives.MINT CLUB (MC)
The ‘Mint Club’ is intended to serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas between students of management and people from the world of business and finance. The association with MINT News Paper would prove extremely useful for the students of the college, particularly for those doing the MBA programme.ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPEMENT CELL (EDC)
Entrepreneurs are the life blood of our world economy and S.A. Engineering College doms encourages its students to explore entrepreneurship as a career choice. For this our department invites various delegates to provide training programmes to develop entrepreneurial skills amongst existing and aspiring entrepreneurs of our college. Every year students who are willing to takeup a career as entrepreneur are motivated through various EDPs conducted in association with MSME – Di, ITCOT, TANSTIA – FNF Services, EDI, NEN, BYST, EPIC.NSS
The N.S.S. unit of the college conducts special literacy campus, adult education programme and health camps in nearby villages. To expose the students to the issues concerning society, experts from various fields are regularly invited to address the students. Social ethics is a value based educational class wherein students are more aware of their social rights and responsibilities and become responsible human beings. Students are encouraged to participate in various clubs, both departmental and cultural.
Chat with current students of SAEC THIRUVERKADU
10 Apr, 10:34 AMPawan
Hostel Rules and Regulations
- Students should maintain strict discipline and avoid making noise inside the hostel premises including dining hall.
The students should follow the Mess timings :
Breakfast – 7.30 a.m. to 8.15 a.m.,
Lunch – 12.00 -12.20 p.m. (I batch)
12.45 p.m. to 1.05 p.m. (II batch)
Snacks – 4.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Dinner – 7.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- Students should go to college in formal dress, properly tucked-in, wearing shoes, clearly shaved face.
- Inmate going out should get prior permission from the warden and should come back at the appointed hour
- Hostellers should not go outside the college campus except on holidays by obtaining prior permission from the hostel warden.
- Students should make proper use of furniture, electrical fittings, bathroom fittings and sanitary fittings.
- Reckless use of power and water should be avoided. Y Students should not waste the food in dining hall.
- Defacing of walls, floors should be avoided.
- Ragging is totally prohibited and violations in this regard will invite punishment including dismissal from the college.
- Students found to disobey the above rules will be expelled form the hostel/college under disciplinary grounds and has to forego his/her fees and deposit.