Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2020.
Facilities available to the students :
- Play Grounds
- Computers Lab
- Cyber Cafe
- Internet & Intranet
- Purified Drinking Water
- Language Lab
- Placement Cell (Campus Interview)
- Medical Room
- Counselling Cell
And many more....
Hostel Facility True
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
- Seminar Hall
Dear Hostellers, you will be happy to know what our St.Bede's Hostel is all about! There are some thoughts and experiences shared by our past pupil and parents. They feel there is nothing like St.Bede's Hostel. It is some thing that you appreciate and cherish for the rest of your life. The Sprawling Campus situated in lush green salubrious environment is heavenly. Of course it is a home away from home. Dear students you are amidst people of various types. You hail from different regions. You represent various traditions, cultures, talents etc. I would suggest that you recognize these differences. Respecting differences builds up a healthy union of minds and hearts. Feel proud to be part of this miniature world. You are aware that hostel life affords plenty of opportunities for growing, individually and collectively. During your stay in this hostel, I would expect you to learn to grow more loveable and capable. You must also realize that you are living with those who are to grow loveable and capable. Dear ones, every day pray to God for wisdom to imbibe the good qualities. Let us learn from each other the art of growing in happiness.
The hostel is a convenient place for study. The administration strives to provide an atmosphere for a positive personal growth. Together with hard work and sincerity, the hostellers can develop themselves into fully integrated persons. Many persons who have stayed here feel proud about their association with us. I wish and pray that you be one of them.
Besides learning from others, you are to realize that you can also serve as a role model to others. Some of the noble qualities in a cultured person are: remaining simple, humble, honest, open and truthful.. Hostel life provides plenty of occasions to grow in all these virtues. Be generous and magnanimous, as proposed by St. Claudin Thevenet, the founder of the Jesus and Mary Religious Order which runs St.Bede's College .May the Lord be your partner in the great enterprise of building up your life!
I would like to pray that we all excel in such virtues. May all your days here in 'the home away from home' be filled with joy and peace.
Objectives of Hostel:
- To provide residential facilities for sudents coming from the outskirts of Shimla giving them opportunities for higher education.
- To include skills in leadership, sociablility, group living and team spirit through planned hostel activities.
- To foster personal growth-intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual not only through the guidance and instruction but also through the atmosphere that prevails on the campus.
- To lead the students to identify themselves with the weaker sections of the society especially the women and children of the neighborhood, led by our motto "NOT FOR OUR SELVES ALONE".
General Behaviour and Discipline:
- Prompt obedience to bells and daily time table will ensure order and discipline in the hostel.
- Silence should be observe during the compulsory study hours 5.00 p.m. to 6.00 pm and 8.00pm to 9.oo pm.
- Loud talking in the residential quarters is not allowed and complete silence should be observed from 9.30 p.m.
- No student will be allowed to visit other blocks without permission of the warden.
- Beds should be made before breakfast. Students are not permitted to sit on their beds or permit anyone to do so. Counterpanes must be folded before going to bed. Curtains and counterpanes should be kept clean.
- Students are not allowed to stick posters on walls and/or scribble on furniture.
- When a student is sick, the nurse should be informed; bed rest will be allowed only if the nurse advises so. No medicine should be retained by the student without the prior permission of the nurse.
Interested in this college?
Students Activities & Clubs
The objective of NSS is the service to the community and is aimed at awakening the social consciousness of the students and provide them with an opportunity to interact with the underprivileged section of the society. The NSS unit was established in the college in the year 1970 and presently, the college has two NSS units the units regularly conduct various social activities/camps throughout the year to create awareness amongst the youth to the realities of underprivileged. The volunteers work with high spirit of motivation
The Nature Club of the College in collaboration with N.S.S organized a Tree plantation camp 'Go Green' on September 7, 2012 at Fairview near Navbahar chowk under the supervision of President Nature Club, Mrs. Madhu Parmar and N.S.S Programme officers Dr. V.K Bhardwaj and Dr. Anita Khanna. The officers from the Department of Forests assisted in the planting of 120 saplings of Deodar trees. About 80 students planted the saplings. Mr. Pathania, Mr. K.D Chandel and Mr. Susheel also joined the Go Green Brigade. Refreshments were provided to the students by N.S.S.
A blood Donation camp was held in the college auditorium on September 19, 2012. The camp was jointly organized by the N.S.S unit of the college and the Lion`s Club of Shimla. Dr. S.S Kaushal, Principal & Dean, Indira Gandhi Medical College, (IGMC) Shimla was the chief guest on this occasion.