Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
The main college building is divided into 4 blocks namely: Main block, North block , South block and Decennial Block.Total building area is 41393.20 m2 (445391.00 Sq feet).Separate in-campus hostels are provided for men and women with spacious, well-furnished rooms. Common rooms offer TV, games, music, telephone, reading and internet facilities. Also provided are services of dining, laundry facilities and 24-hours security.996 computers are connected using campus LAN and to the Internet.
Area 5 Acres
Buit up area 4 Acres
Sports Grounds 1
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Cultural zone
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
- Practical Labs
- Residential Institute
- Residential Faculty Zone
- Separate in campus hostels are provided for men and women with spacious, well furnished rooms. Common rooms offer TV, indoor games, telephone, reading, wi-fi and internet facilities. Dining with wholesome meals and round the clock security services are provided.
- Two blocks for women and one block for men consisting of accommodation for over 400 students are provided. Three students to a room are accommodated having individual bed, almirah, table and chair. Students can use their laptops / desktops in the rooms.
- One Resident Tutor per floor of the hostels will be staying for close interaction towards security, guidance, discipline control and assistance in academics. Strict study hours are followed to enable the students to catch up on the academic schedule. Two resident matrons (ladies hostel) and sergeant (men’s hostel) each have been posted who will ensure all administrative requirements of the students are attended to round the clock. Students are strictly regulated for their leave and return to hostels, late coming to hostels in the evenings is seriously viewed.
- No form of ragging is permitted and a zero tolerance policy is followed by the college authorities towards ensuring the same. Fresher’s are specifically counseled appropriately and educated on this aspect. Fresher’s and their parents can be rest assured that this college is taking all necessary actions to ensure that their wards can be admitted to the hostels without any fear of ragging being perpetuated by their senior students.
- A senior faculty is appointed as the Hostel Warden and the mess committees and hostel committees formed from within the student hostellers and residents tutors strive to ensure good quality of food is served in the canteen and the hostel activities suited to the students are implemented.
- Sufficient number of newspapers and magazines are subscribed to the hostels and a library exclusive to the hostels is also provided. Opportunities are provided to students to learn four wheel driving and also apply for their passports.
- Extremely strict measures are taken to ensure that no form of consumption of liquor, drugs, gambling, extortion of money, smoking etc takes place in the college campus.
- Arrangements have been made to provide medical facilities by way of a visiting Doctor and also to take the students to hospitals in times of emergency.
- No. of Hostels 3
- Capacity 55
- No. of Hostels 3
- Capacity 95
Interested in this college?
Students Activities & Clubs
An Entrepreneurship Development club is functioning in this Institute to inculcate the culture of entrepreneurship among the students and to equip them with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as torch bearers of “Enterprise” for the new generation. Formally inaugurated on 05/08/2005 by Mr IK Ayyappan, General Manager, District Industries Centre, Thrissur, the club has around 300 student members. One of the main objectives of the club is to change the mindset on the negative attitude prevailing in the state for taking up entrepreneurship as a career.The EDC & Startup has been converted to IEDC VAST on 16-11-2016.
Objectives of IEDC
- Creation of Entrepreneurship Development Cell is on continuous basis to help create value added jobs and services.
- Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit. Create Awareness about Technology Incubation and Commercialization of R & D products and processes.
- Developing tools for Technology Transfer.
- Promote small & medium industries.
- Assistance to existing incubates by way of specialized services e.g patenting, "Copyright" arrangement of venture capital, helping towards marketing of products & processes awareness.
The activities and facilities of the college Physical Education Department competes with all the leading institutions in the State. The functioning of the Department emphasize on the wholesome development of the fellow students.
The student chapter of Rotaract Club International is functioning in the college aiming at the Self development, Youth Networking and Social Services. And the college chapter was honored with the Best up coming new club, Best Project for the year 2008-09 among Group IV District 3201.
A 'GREEN CLUB' has been formed with the intention to popularize the use of bicycles amongst the staff and students of Vidya Academy of Science & Technology. Apart from helping to reduce pollution, it provides an excellent form of exercise, which is much needed in our present day life styles. Cycles are kept at various centres from wherein the members can draw, use and deposit them at their convenience. The intention of the club is to promote clean environment, health, spread the concept of good health and maximize the users. The membership fees is a meagre Rs 100/- for a year. The drive has been an unprecedented success.
Education aims at attainment of perfection. And Technical Education should not turn a deaf ear to the literary bend of mind of individuals. Besides, with the global situation of today, professionals need must develop their linguistic skills as well, especially English. Vidya Literary and Debating club provides students with an opportunity to foster the inherent literary and linguistic skills.