Courses & Exams
News & Articles
- Cape Breton University (CBU), formerly known as the "University College of Cape Breton" (UCCB), is a Canadian university in Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
- Located near Sydney, CBU is the only post-secondary degree-granting institution on Cape Breton Island.
- The university is enabled by the Cape Breton University Act passed by the Nova Scotia House of Assembly. Prior to this, CBU was enabled by the University College of Cape Breton Act (amended).
- The University College of Cape Breton's Coat of Arms were registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority on May 27, 1995
- Provides education in Small class sizes
- Unique course offerings and programs and activities all year round
- Small campus with a sense of belonging and a diverse population from over 50 countries
- Provides a wide variety of degrees, certificates, diplomas, transfer programs and articulation agreements
- 75% of Cape Breton students who attend university choose CBU
- CBU is as distinct as the island it’s named after. Cape Breton Island is an amazing backdrop for your time at university. From the Bras D’or lakes to the stunning Cabot Trail, there’s a reason that Cape Breton Island is consistently voted one of the most beautiful islands in the world! Located in Sydney, CBU students will have plenty of opportunity to check out the natural beauty of the Island and be back with more than enough time for a night out with friends in the city.
- While working as librarian at Xavier Junior College, Mother St. Margaret of Scotland (Sister Margaret Beaton) recognized that documents of historical significance to Cape Breton Island were being lost. In 1957 Sister Beaton responded to this challenge and established Cape Bretoniana.
Contact Details of Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia
Contact No:+1 902-539-5300
Address:Cape Breton University, P.O.Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada B1P 6L2