2 Courses are offered by DU
M.A. (Master of Arts) (2 Years)
|Master of Arts||Apply|
|Master Of Arts In Ministry||Apply|
All M.A. students are required to take:
- INTD 690 - Research Skills I
- INTD 691 - Research Skills II
As well as complete an Integrative Project:
This project may take any one of the following forms:
1. A traditional academic thesis of 60-70 pages, directed and examined by a committee of two faculty members. The thesis option earns 6 credits in the final semester of study, and is strongly recommended for those who intend to apply for admission to a doctoral program.
2. An extended paper linked to a course. No additional credits are given for the paper. It is normally 35-40 pages and goes through several drafts, each draft receiving critical feedback from the instructor.
3. A 3-credit internship, concluding with a substantial written reflection integrating the experience with the student's academic work. Students electing to do an internship should begin planning in the first year of study. Both the advisor and the office of the Associate Dean for Contextual Learning should be consulted.
Although it is not required, it is also strongly recommended that students achieve reading proficiency in the primary and/or secondary languages (beyond English) appropriate to their academic field or vocational plans. Drew does not, offer graduate language classes other than Greek and Hebrew (for students interested in biblical studies). Instead M.A. and Ph.D. students utilize various local programs, including the summer programs offered by Princeton University and the year-round courses offered by the CUNY Graduate Center in NYC. Students also use the online program offered by the Erasmus Academy . Drew's Graduate Division of Religion offers language testing for M.A. and Ph.D. students four times a year . If students pass the Princeton or CUNY program, or another approved program, with a grade of B or better they do not have to take the Drew language exam, and the language result is entered in their Drew transcript.
Contact Details of Drew University, New Jersey
Address:36 Madison Ave, Madison, NJ 07940, United States