11 Courses are offered by DCU
M.Sc. (Master of Science)
|M.Sc. in Computing (MCM)||12 Months||12.4 Lacs||Shortlist|
|M.Sc. in Human Resource Management||Shortlist|
|MSc in Multimedia||1 Years||Shortlist|
|MSc in Public Relations and Strategic Communications||1 Years||Shortlist|
The entry requirements for this programme is a 2.1 or higher in computer science or related discipline. Students with a 2.2 may, in exceptional circumstances be considered but will have to attend DCU for an interview and may be asked to carry out a short exercise to ascertain their suitability for this programme
Class 12th: No specific cutoff mentioned
- Applicants must hold, at a minimum, a Second Class Honours degree in Computer Science, Computing, Computer Applications or a related discipline even though candidates with significant experience in the software development sectors, in addition to an Honours primary degree in some other discipline, may also be considered for entry
- Applicants who have studied at a top ranked university such as Delhi University may be considered with an average mark of 60% or above or First Class Bachelor’s degree from a good University with a minimum of 65% average across all semesters
M.Tech. (Master of Technology)
|M.Eng. in Electronic Systems||1 Years||11.8 Lacs||Shortlist|
|M.Eng. in Telecommunications Engineering||1 Years||Shortlist|
|MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||12 Weeks||Shortlist|
- An honours degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Sciences or other Engineering disciplines is a normal requirement for direct entry onto the Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma/M.Eng programmes, however:
- There are two entry routes for both the Graduate Certificate/Diploma:
- A basic primary degree in a relevant disciple
- A related Diploma plus a minimum of three years relevant experience. Applicants applying via this route will also be required to attend an interview as part of the application process.
- Non-EU applicants are assessed under the same criteria as specified above and their qualifications are also checked for equivalence using the NARIC system (UK National Academic Recognition Information Center).
- Existing students have the performance-related options of transferring between programmes, such as moving from the Graduate Diploma to the Masters. For more information please see the page regarding Programme Transfer.
- For those taking a single module a recommendation from the module coordinator is required.
- Please note that all applications are subject to review/approval by the Programme Chair.
M.A. (Master of Arts)
|MA in Film and Television Studies||1 Years||Shortlist|
|MA in Journalism||1 Years||Shortlist|
Successful applicants will normally possess a good honours degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences or an equivalent qualification.
Assessment by Interview
Candidates should note that an interview is part of the selection process for this programme. Shortlisted candidates are expected to be available for interview.
M.Com. (Master of Commerce)
|M.Sc. in Accounting||Shortlist|
The normal minimum Entry Requirements are:-
- A Second Class Honours Grade 1 honours degree in Accounting (or with a significant specialism in Accounting), or international equivalent, together with full exemption from the CAP1 examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- A credit award in the DCU Professional Diploma in Accounting (DC500) or equivalent qualification, together with full exemption from the CAP1 examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland.
If you have achieved a Second Class Honours Grade 2 Honours degree in Accounting (or with a significant specialism in Accounting), or a Pass award in the DCU Professional Diploma in Accounting (or equivalent), you may still obtain a place. This will depend on availability of places and on obtaining high grades in core Accounting modules in your programme. core Accounting modules include Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxation and Finance.
If, as is normally the case, demand from qualified applicants exceeds available places, applicants will be ranked for admission purposes on the basis of prior academic performance.
Candidates who have not received their degree results by the application closing date will receive conditional offers.
M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration)
|M.Sc. in Management (Business)||Shortlist|
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
A second class honours grade 1 degree in a discipline other than Business, or an equivalent international qualification.
If you have achieved a second class honours grade 2 honours degree in a non-Business discipline, you may still obtain a place. This will depend on the availability of places. You may be invited for interview.
If, as is normally the case, demand from qualified applicants exceeds available places, applicants will be ranked for admission purposes on the basis of prior academic performance and, where relevant, performance at interview. Candidates who have not received their degree results by the application closing date may receive conditional offers.
This programme accepts students who have successfully completed the DCU Pre-Masters International Foundation Programme (IFP).
All courses are delivered through the English language but applicants should have sufficient language competency to enable them to pursue their studies in their chosen host countries where English is not the native language. Evidence of an acceptable TOEFL score, or equivalent standard, is required.
Contact Details of Dublin City University, Republic Of Ireland
Contact No:+353 1 700 5194 or +353 1 700 5231
Address:School of Applied Language and Intercultural Studies Dublin City University Glasnevin Dublin 9