- Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal is a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Society’s Registration Act and Bombay Public Trust Act. From its humble beginnings in 1934, when it took over the Rashtriya Shala, a school established in 1921 in the wake of the National Movement, the Mandal today has grown into a big educational complex imparting high-level education to more than 35,000 students.
- The ethos of the Mandal is marked by patriotic fervor, selfless service and a spirit of indigenous enterprise. These values permeate all the institutions set up by the Mandal and are the guiding principles for all of them. After beginning its journey in the early 1930s SVKM has blossomed into an educational colossus that has attained national recognition in multiple streams of higher education. With a strong guiding philosophy of providing education to all levels of the student community along with creating a feeling of bonding and commitment amongst academic and nonacademic employees. SVKM has mastered the art of being able to transform itself into a close-knit family and at the same time help its students to attain all-round development, be employable and achieve success.
- Over the past 80 years, the Mandal has developed a large educational complex in Vile Parle, in Suburban Mumbai and has spread its wings to metro cities like, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Navi Mumbai, etc., SVKM today is proud of some of the finest educational institutes in the country like NMIMS deemed to be University, N.M. College of Commerce and Economics, Mithibai College, D.J. Sanghvi College of Engineering, Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic – to name a few. It has also in its family schools from Nursery to Secondary, Jr. College providing ICSE or IB, IGCSE curriculum or CBSE curriculum. With a strong vision and passion for being the pioneers of the modern education system, all SVKM institutes are state of the art, with ever expanding facilities and infrastructure.
- From its beginning with the Swadeshi Movement, the Mandal has now grown into an educational foundation promoting global thinking consistent with national interest and promoting the values, professionalism, social sensitivity and dynamic entrepreneurship.
- The Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering, named after Shri Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi, was born in the year 1994. In a short span, the College has come to be recognized as a premier institute of technical education.
- The favorable location of the institute in the heart of Mumbai along with state-of-the-art facilities and distinguished faculty has been a nurturing ground for students of high academic capabilities. 23,500 sq. meters of spacious classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and workshops, new age computer facilities and a well-stocked library provide a stimulating educational environment within the College. The College has attracted qualified and experienced faculty members with more additions in the years to come.
- Continuing our commitment to providing students with better infrastructural facilities; the College has been adding new equipment and furniture. A further injection of quality equipment is in the pipeline.
- These continued efforts of the Mandal, the faculty, and our students has propelled the college into the top echelons of Quality Engineering Colleges with an 'A+' grade certificate from the Directorate of Technical Education, MS.
SVPKMDJSCE Mumbai Pictures & Videos
Awards & Rankings
Outlook India – Drushti Survey 2016 ranked DJSCE 3rd in Mumbai & Pune Metro region and 32nd all-India amongst the Top 100 Engineering Colleges of India (Issue: 4th July 2016). The Week – HANSA Research Survey 2015 ranked DJSCE 7th in the West Zone and 35th all India in the top 113 Private Engineering Colleges of India (Issue: June 2016). Higher Education Research ranked ...