Don Bosco Institute of Technology - DBIT
- Fr. Tony D'Souza, the Provincial of the Mumbai province of the Salesians of Don Bosco entrusted the task of building the Don Bosco Institute of Technology (DBIT) to Fr. Mario Vaz, now its Director and his team comprising Fr. Jeffrey Fernandes the Principal of S.J.I.T.I and Fr. Anthony Santarita the then administrator. In the mind of the Salesians, DBIT would have to be an engineering college with a difference and so right from the start emphasis was laid on good infrastructure and well-qualified staff that would cultivate and nurture every entrant into the portals of DBIT and inspires them to excellence. This meant setting up policies and processes that would ensure this objective.
- The college are fortunate in having Dr. B. S. Bhatt, former principal of VJTI as college advisor who guides us every step of the way. Mr. Albert D'souza, a friend of the Salesians was instrumental in ensuring that every requirement for the engineering college was met.
- In Dr. S.Krishnamoorthy, the Salesians found a man not only highly qualified and experienced but also a person with sound values and pedagogical principles that were akin to the philosophy of Don Bosco's system of education. Innovation, quality systems, and processes that focus on development and growth for both faculty and students, are goals that are constantly being pursued.
- It is the college cherished hope that every student who passes out of DBIT will be self-reliant and a socially conscious engineer.
- With globalization and a radical shift of the industry into the Electronic and IT fields, the need of the hour was excellent engineers. With its vast experience in managing educational institutes and especially technical ones, it was natural that the Salesians enter the engineering field. Thus DBIT came into existence in 2001.
The college's Education and Training curriculum has been designed to make our students employable and build successful professional career. DBIT has well developed student curriculum and has very rigorous quality assurance process in place.
Salient Features of these are:
- Yearly Evaluation and counseling of teaching staff.
- Students feedback and rigorous evaluation of teaching methods used by each and every teacher.
- Use of Technology to enhance quality of learning-Use of moodle, a open source LMS software.
The curriculum has been embedded in to the classroom and laboratory interactions. The content enhance employability skills such as communication skills, problem solving skills, team working skills, which industries look for in their new recruits.
|Number of visiting companies||29|