- Fr. Tony D'Souza, the Provincial of the Mumbai province of the Salesians of Don Bosco entrusted the task of building the Don Bosco Institute of Technology (DBIT) to Fr. Mario Vaz, now its Director and his team comprising Fr. Jeffrey Fernandes the Principal of S.J.I.T.I and Fr. Anthony Santarita the then administrator. In the mind of the Salesians, DBIT would have to be an engineering college with a difference and so right from the start emphasis was laid on good infrastructure and well-qualified staff that would cultivate and nurture every entrant into the portals of DBIT and inspires them to excellence. This meant setting up policies and processes that would ensure this objective.
- The college are fortunate in having Dr. B. S. Bhatt, former principal of VJTI as college advisor who guides us every step of the way. Mr. Albert D'souza, a friend of the Salesians was instrumental in ensuring that every requirement for the engineering college was met.
- In Dr. S.Krishnamoorthy, the Salesians found a man not only highly qualified and experienced but also a person with sound values and pedagogical principles that were akin to the philosophy of Don Bosco's system of education. Innovation, quality systems, and processes that focus on development and growth for both faculty and students, are goals that are constantly being pursued.
- It is the college cherished hope that every student who passes out of DBIT will be self-reliant and a socially conscious engineer.
- With globalization and a radical shift of the industry into the Electronic and IT fields, the need of the hour was excellent engineers. With its vast experience in managing educational institutes and especially technical ones, it was natural that the Salesians enter the engineering field. Thus DBIT came into existence in 2001.
DBIT Pictures & Videos
DBIT Vision and Mission
Vision- DBIT will be known to have an innovative, enjoyable and holistic learning environment that enhances individual success, the Don Bosco way.We seek to make DBIT the preferred choice of students, employers hiring engineering graduates and practitioners seeking further education. The college aims to provide service in the best tradition of Don Bosco, by seeking to develop an ...
Awards & Rankings
In 2005, the college was ranked 84 in the list of Top technical colleges in India in a Dataquest-IDC-NASSCOM Survey.
Contact Details of DBIT
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place