After earning your Diploma in GNM, you may enrol to the B.Sc. Nursing course at Madras Medical College. However, in order to be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
You need to have earned your General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma (GNM) from a recognised college.
You must have received a minimum of 50% marks on your GNM exam.
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) for Nursing must have been passed by you.
The admission process will be based on your NEET score and the availability of seats. For admission to B.Sc. nursing programs, a national-level entrance exam called the NEET for Nursing is administered. The National Board of Examinations (NBME) administers the test. You may apply for the B.Sc. Nursing courses after you fulfil all the eligibility requirements.
BPT is a Bachelor of Physiotherapy program and approved by IAP (Indian Association Physiotherapist). The duration of the program is 4.5 years that is 9 semesters. LPU BPT course includes International Exposure options. Students can visit USA/European countries for 4 weeks. The total number of seats available for this program is 90. The 4.5-years BPT program curriculum offers mainly more than 25 types of courses. This includes Clinical Education, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Medical Terminology, and more. LPU BPT subjects provide opportunities for independent studies and project courses during the final semester.
• Candidates are required to pass 10+2 in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or equivalent subjects with an aggregate of 60% to qualify for LPUNEST.
• Candidates who don’t have English subject in 10+2, then this condition may be waived off offering the candidate in their qualifying exam has studied in English medium
• Sailent features of the program:
• Curriculum:The curriculum of this course is benchmarked with that of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, and recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists.
• Knowledge Enhancement:Strong emphasis is laid on the theoretical and practical aspects of core physiotherapy practice through industry-centered courses.
• Professional Enhancement:In addition to the core curriculum, the communication, analytical and soft skills courses aimed to enhance personality and employment opportunities.
• State of the Art Labs:Well-equipped departments such as Neuro-Physiotherapeutic, Electrotherapeutics, Movement Sciences, Musculoskeletal Sports Physiotherapy, Community Physiotherapy, and Cardio-respiratory provide hands-on learning to the students.
• Clinical Training:Understanding and management of patient health care through clinical training in the various multi-specialty hospitals and three physiotherapy centres of university to develop professional skills is an integral part of the course
• Training and Internships:A compulsory, full-time six-months internship training program in multi-specialty hospitals provides exposure to students on work atmosphere and patient handling that help the student to establish themselves as healthcare providers.
• Industrial tie-ups:Six months of intensive clinical training in pre final year with NABH and JCI accredited super-specialty hospital.
• Community physiotherapy:Clinical training in health care centres and organise physiotherapy camps in rural areas.
• Knowledge enhancement:Emphasis on the theoretical and practical aspect of physiotherapy with application based clinical training.
• Workshops and guest lecture:workshop on advance therapeutic approaches by international accredited instructors.
• This year around 75 percent of the students got the placement.
• The BPT students have got the highest package of 42 Lakhs. But this time due to the pandemic they got the average package that is 2 to 3 Lakhs.
• The Health Insurance companies, Rehabilitation centers, Hospitals, and Home Visits, and Nursing homes visit this campus for BPT.
• Maximum roles offered by the companies were Physical therapists, Interns, Sports Physiotherapy and Critical Caregivers,Aims, Fortis, Sarvodaya, Apex hospital, Government Hospital, Dhingra Hospital, LPU OPD, Jalandhar OPD, Phagwara OPD, and LPU Facilities.
Yes, you have a chance to study at Madras Medical College. If you have a Pwd status and belong to the general/OBC/EWS/SC/ST category, you can apply for the counselling process. About 15% of the seats are set aside for All India Quota (AIQ), and Madras Medical College accepts NEET ranks up to 6,00,000 based on the 2022 statistics. However, it's important to remember that the accepted ranks can change every year.
If you are talking about NEET, you can get a seat at Madras Medical College. If you have a Pwd status under the general/OBC/EWS/SC/ST category, you can register for the counselling. 15% of the seats are reserved for AIQ and MCC accepts NEET ranks up to 6,00,000 as per 2022 data. Candidates must note that the accepting ranks vary year after year.