Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS WARDHA), Wardha
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences is situated in Wardha in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1969, it is accredited from NAAC MGIMS WARDHA campus is spread over 450 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Audi, ATM, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Hospital, Lib, Medical Fac., Cls. Room, Sports, Grounds are also there.
- Comp. Lab
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Resid. Institue
- Resid. std
- Resid. Fac.
- Badminton Court
- Volleyball Ground
Awards and Rankings
- The Department of Pediatrics becomes the second centre in Maharashtra to start a Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training Center accredited by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP).
- The Directorate of Health Services of Maharashtra has selected the Department of Pediatrics as the only nodal center in Vidarbha and one of the only 3 nodal centers in Maharashtra state for training of government health personnels (including pediatricians, medical officers, nurses) in Facility Based Newborn Care
- Dr BS Garg has been selected as the president of Voluntary Health Association of India for the year 2015-2017.
- Dr Mrs P Narang has been nominated as Executive Board Member of Influenza Foundation of India
- Dr KK Mishra has been elected as executive council member in the core committee of Indian Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health in November 2015.
- Dr Dhiraj Bhandari received certificate of appreciation for preparing ICU information booklet for Indian Scenario at competition held by ISCCM (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine). His booklet has been archived by the ISCCM at their website along with seven other booklets selected by ISCCM to be used in ICUs across the country. The booklet can be found at the website http://www.isccm.org/icu.aspx
- Dr Pradeep Deshmukh and Dr Amrish Saxena were awarded the Dr BC Harinath and Vimala Harinath Gold Medal and Cash Award for the best published research papers
- Dr Poonam Varma Shivkumar was felicitated by Lion’s Club of Wardha and given the best doctor award on 1 Jul 2015
- Dr Anshu recieved the best overall poster award at the annual conference of The Network towards Unity for Health (TUFH) at Johannesburg, South Africa on 15th September 2015.
- Dr Surekha Tayade and Rahul Narang won the best poster prize in the 2nd Advance Course of Medical Education, MET Workshop at Regional Centre, JNMC, Sawangi Meghe on 8-10 August, 2015
- Dr Dhiraj Bhandari received the ISH Naraini best e-poster award at ISACON -2015 (National Conference of Indian Society of Anesthesiologists) at Jaipur for his presentation titled “Fibreoptic bronchoscope directed to esophagus willfully for passage of Ryles tube in a post-radiotherapy patient of oral malignancy”
- Dr Vijayshri Deotale and Dr Surekha Tayade were awarded FAIMER Fellowships from the PSG FAIMER Regional Institute in Coimbatore
- Dr Manish Jain was elected as member of the National Executive Board of Indian Academy of Pediatrics for the year 2015
- Dr Manish Jain was elected as member of the National Committee to govern terms of reference for IAP subspecialty chapters and groups.
- Dr Manish Jain was elected as Executive Body Member, Maharashtra State chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics for 2015
- Dr Akash Bang was elected as Executive member of the Research in Child Health Group of Indian Academy of Pediatrics for the year 2015.
- Dr Akash Bang was felicitated by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) on 19 Jan 2016 in Hyderabad at the 15th Asia Pacific Congress of Pediatrics (15th APCP) and 53rd Annual National Conference of IAP (Pedicon 2016), for contribution to the Neonatal Resuscitation Training activities in the state of Maharashtra.
- Dr Akash Bang was selected as India West Zonal Coordinator for the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa for IAP NNF Neonatal Resuscitation Program “First Golden Minute” Project in Feb 2016.
- Ms. Priyanka S Bhoj received ‘PS Murthy Best Paper Award’ for the paper entitled “Targeting folate metabolism: a promising therapeutic rationale against Brugia malayi parasite” at ACBICON-2015 Conference held at PGIMER,Chandigarh during November 23-28, 2015
- Dr Supriya Meshram won the first prize for her presentation “Multidrug resistant tuberculosis with its mutational pattern among new pulmonary cases detected from Central India” at the Annual Conference of Vidarbha Association of Medical Microbiologists , Pench on 19-20 Mar 2016.
- Dr Swati Jarole and Dr Anuj Mundra (postgraduate students from Dept of Community Medicine) and Dr Radhika Vellore (Intern, 2009 batch) received Fellowship to attend Global Health Program in Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel from 5-31 Jul 2015
- Dr Sushil Chauhan received first prize for his essay titled ‘Recent Advances in Management of Tinnitus’ at the 35th Annual Conference of Vidarbha Branch “VENTCON-2015”
- Dr Shweta Jinde, Dr Ketki Thool, Dr Pravina Deshmukh and Dr Akanksha Suman Dr Shweta Jinde, Dr Ketki Thool, Dr Pravina Deshmukh and Dr Akanksha Suman won the best poster prize at the Masterclass Infertility Conference at Nagpur on 28-29 Nov 2015
- Dr Ritu Singh stood second in order of merit in the MS (Obstetrics and Gynecology) Examination conducted by MUHS in 2015
- Dr Sachin Kumar Meena , postgraduate student in the Dept of Forensic Medicine stood third in MUHS in the MD Forensic Medicine and Toxicology examination.
- Dr Vandna Yadav stood third in order of merit in the MD (Pathology) University Examination conducted by MUHS in 2015
- Dr Ankur Kariya was awarded second prize for his paper presentation on “Extra corporeal radiotherapy in giant cell tumors“at the Vidarbha Orthopedic Society Conference, Nagpur on 31 Oct 2015
- Dr Namrata was awarded 2nd prize in the poster competition in the National CME and workshop on “Partogram and its Advancement”organized at MGIMS, Sevagram
- Dr Kanchan Gawade and Dr Punam Uke, postgraduate students from Dept of Pediatrics won the runners-uptrophy at the regional round of the 2015 National Neonatology Forum’s Neonatology Quiz at Nagpur
- Dr Rahul Podder, Dr Moharsingh Jhakar, Dr Priyanka Patil and Dr Pawan Singh won runners-up trophy at ISAVidarbha level PG quiz competition held by ISA – Nagpur in Aug 2016 at Nagpur.
- Dr Isha Deshmukh awarded Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care from Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University in Oct 2013.
- Dr Shefali Chauhan (Anesthesia), Dr Piyush N (Medicine), Dr Reema (Medicine) won bronze medal for securing third position at ISCCM 1st interdisciplinary PG Critical Care Vidarbha level quiz competition conducted by ISCCM, Nagpur in Sep 2016.
- Dr Priyanka Patil received a certificate of appreciation for securing 9th rank at the All India Anesthesiology PG quiz competition at ISACON 2015, Jaipur.
- Ms Sahitya Rao stood first in the Pure Sciences Undergraduate Research Project Category at the University level research competition organized by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS for her project titled “Study for exploration of efficacy of piperidine derivatives against Brugia malayi by in vitro and bioinformatics study as a valid antifilarial candidate”. She got an opportunity to represent MUHS at Aavishkar 2015- the 10th Maharashtra State University Research Convention held at Savitribai Phule University
- Ms Sahitya Rao received best paper award in Medicon 2015 and received JFMPC sponsored prize.
- Our first year students from 2015 batch, Ms Shambavi Chowdhary and Ms Shubhra Chhazed won the running trophy of the Dr TL Patil Memorial Anatomy quiz competition organised at GMC Nagpur on Saturday 20 February 2016 defeating eight other teams from Vidarbha. Ms Kshitija Palhade was third member of the winning team. They also won a cash prize of Rs 8000.
- Ms Shambhavi Chowdhary and Ms Mehak Saini (2015 batch) emerged champions at the Intercollegiate Biochemistry Quiz organized by the Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (Vidarbha Chapter) at the Shri Vasantrao Naik Govt. Medical College, Yavamal on 16 Mar 2016.
- Mr Shyam Meda and Mr Ashish Kumar , undergraduate students, won the runners-up trophy at the divisional round of the 2015 Indian Academy of Pediatrics UG quiz at Nagpur. received best paper award in Medicon 2015 and received JFMPC sponsored prize
- Ms Khushboo Verma (2010 batch), Mr Shyam Meda (2011 batch) and Mr Rajat Sharma (2011 batch) won third prize in the Dr Vivek Diwekar Memorial State level intercollegiate undergraduate Radiology Quiz in Sep 2015eceived best paper award in Medicon 2015 and received JFMPC sponsored prize.
Contact Details of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha
Contact No:+91-7152 284341-55
Address:Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences,Sevagram, Wardha 442102,Maharashtra.