National Post Graduate College was established in the year 1974 by the then Chief-minister of Uttar Pradesh, Late Chandra Bhanu Gupta. The college is situated close to the banks of river Gomti in the heart of the city has lush green campus and is surrounded by a number of major institutions - Academic and Administrative.
In a city of 16 Universities and more than 150 degree colleges, National P.G. College is the only college which enjoys the highest status of CPE (College with Potential for Excellence) and Autonomous Status. The College offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Arts and Commerce faculties and under-graduate courses in Science and Computer faculties. The college also offers under graduate and post graduate programs for skill development under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra established with the special grant from University Grants Commission (UGC). There are six programs being offered under the scheme - two one-year programs under Community College and two degree and two post graduate programs under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra are being offered. DDUKK has components of ICT, ITES and Banking, Insurance and Financial services.
Well-equipped labs, computerised rich library, e-library, data analysis centre and air-conditioned reading room are some of the basic state of the art educational facilities.
Study centre for IGNOU and Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad are offering a number of certificate, diploma and degree programs in distant mode. Regular consultation classes and remedial sessions are held for the students of the programs under IGNOU and UPRTOU.
NSS and NCC programs are part of outreach activities of the college inculcating the patriotism and the feeling of social service in the students.
College offers rigorous training for a number of indoor and outdoor sports such as Chess, Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Bad Minton, athletics and cricket. District level inter degree collegiate cricket tournaments - Chandra Bhanu Gupta Inter Degree Collegiate Cricket Tournaments, Amit Singh Trophy. The tournament is now in its 20's
The single life force functioning behind the college administration is to provide quality education with the objective of inculcating virtues of disciplined, dedicated and good citizens in the students.
The students thus succeed in creating a society which has love, freedom, liberty, justice, equality and fraternity
- The only Autonomous College of Lucknow University.
- Introduction of semester system at UG level in the right earnest.
- Induction of PG in three subjects in Arts faculty i.e. Anthropology,Geography and Psychology.
- Introduction of compulsory elective papers has been done with a view to versatile development of the student.
- Introduction of coaching for NET and competitive exams for weaker sections of the society and minority groups.
- UGC Sponsored Program (PGDRM, Analytical Techniques & Instrumental Analysis,Computer Application,Forensic Science)
- Introduction of remedial classes for weaker students.
- Internal assessment based on class tests, assignments and class presentation and performance forms the part of final examination.
- The curriculum is subjected to scrutiny time to time by the Board of Studies. Regular changes with reference to the current scenario are recommended for inclusion.
NPGC Pictures & Videos
NPGC Vision and Mission
Vision : The motto of the college is maritum ethicus i.e. merit with ethics. Social, regional, territorial, geographical, racial and cultural boundaries no longer hold relevance in the present scenario. Merit in human beings without ethics turn him into a wild beast. Merit and ethics are the two pillars upon which the foundation of the academic programmes of the College rests. The academic ...
Awards & Rankings
National PG Collegehas become the only college from Lucknow to beawardedthe College for potential with Excellence' status by the UGC. National PG College, autonomouscollegeof Lucknow University, has beenawarded'A' grade byNationalAssessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).More over, NPGC, with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.20, is the second bestcollege