New Horizon College of Engineering
New Horizon college of Engineering is an Autonomous college affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), approved by All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) & University Grants Commission (UGC).It is accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade. It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Institution. New Horizon Engineering college is located in the heart of the IT capital of India, Bangalore. The college campus is situated in the IT corridor of Bangalore surrounded by MNCs and IT giants such as Intel, Accenture, Cape Gemini, ARM, Symphony, Wipro, Nokia, JP Morgan and Cisco to name a few.
| Benifits of Autonomous College
* Academic Freedom :- The Autonomous Status accords an institution with the freedom to frame the syllabus and customize it as per the needs of the Industry. Students are taught the latest and relevant technologies to make them competent in the market. Experts from various industries and experienced academicians from reputed institutes are consulted in the process of framing the syllabus. Dedicated efforts are made to ensure that the syllabus framed is “Employment Centric” and potentially lucrative.
The autonomous status has helped us to establish Centers of Excellence by: Adobe, VMware, SAP and HP
The Centers of Excellence help us to incorporate state-of-the-art curriculum that is directly from the industry. We have already incorporated courses from Adobe, VMWare, SAP and HP into our 5th Semester B.E and 4th Semester MCA Syllabus to render our curriculum more industry-centric.Out of the 275 modules taught under the autonomous scheme, 195 modules have been identified as the ones which are relevant to the industry. Fifty One (51) experts from the industry have been empanelled to teach various subjects across all the departments.
* Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS):- New Horizon College of Engineering follows the ‘Choice Based Credit System’. CBCS has numerous advantages over the conventional system.Rather than evaluating student-performance using marks and percentages, which many a time can be very inconsistent and unfair, CBCS uses Grades and Grade Point Averages(GPA) to evaluate student-performance.
* Better Subject Choice and Electives:- The earmarking feature of CBCS is that students in addition to studying the core subjects from their branch can also choose from a wide range of elective subjects from other branches as well. i.e students from non circuit branches (Mechanical, Automobile, Biotechnology and Civil) can opt for electives offered by the circuit branches (Computer Science, Information Science, Electronics & Communication and Electrical & Electronics) and vice versa.
* Employability Becomes Easier:- The overall syllabus is framed in such a way that students get to study more than 2 labs per semester, which in turn helps them gain more practical knowledge. In addition to this, hands-on project which is an important part of the curriculum plays a vital role in making students ‘employment ready’.
* Examinations:- Equal weightage is accorded to both internal and final exams. Both the Internal and the final exams are conducted by the college.
* Make-up Examination:- Students who fail to attend the final examination due to justifiable reasons, have a provision to take ‘The Make-Up Examination’ immediately after the semester results are declared. This feature of autonomy is extremely beneficial to students since they can clear their back-logs immediately rather than carry it forward to the next year.
* Fast Track Semester & Examination:- This facility is provided to assist slow-learners and students who have failed in one or more subjects to help them avoid losing a whole academic year. Fast Track classes are conducted and Examination is held at the end of each academic year.
* Internships:- Students are provided with multiple opportunities to intern at various Industries and MNC R&D Laboratories, during their vacation time to groom them for the Industry.
* Degree:- Students graduating from New Horizon College of Engineering (Autonomous) are awarded ‘degree’ from Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), Karnataka.
|List of entrance exams||KCET- BE/B.Tech, 12th Exam, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), AMIE - Associate Membership of Institute of Engineers, JEE Mains (B.Tech), Karnataka PGCET - Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test, GATE-CS:Computer Science and Information Technology, GATE-EC:Electronics and Communication Engineering, GATE-EE:Electrical Engineering|
|Percentage students passed first class||55%|
|Percentage students passed with distinction||42%|
|Faculty student ratio||1:14|
|Eligibility For Transfer||None|
New Horizon College of Engineering has a focused Placement Cell. Students and companies are two of our valued clients.. Delighting the students and companies is the mission of this department. Hence all the activities are centered around these two customers.
Our Campus Recruitment Training (CRT) program for students is designed depending on the specific requirements. During the program we ensure that students are given the required amount of practice in various areas like Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Reasoning Ability, Group Discussion, Personality Development and interview.
Four different structured interventions are implemented for all students studying at New Horizon College of Engineering and they are:
- Aptitude development Training
- Basic English Communication
- Domain/Technical Training
- Attitude and Behavioral Development.
List of Companies Visitied
- Ernst & Young
- Havells India Ltd.
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Illban Remedies
- Manipal Group
- Symphony Services
- Thomson Reuters
- Vertex Techno Solutions
- UTC Aerospace
- Centrury Link
- Eurofins IT
- Happiest Minds
- NTT Data
- Tech Mahindra
- Torry Harris
- VM Ware
- Axa Technologies
- L & T Infotech
- FTD Automation
- Anora Semiconductors
- Speridian Technologies
- Triada Technologies
- Societe Generale
- Open Stream
- Persistent systems
- Future Group
- Sunrise Biztech
- Bajaj Capital
- Just Dial
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- ACC Cement
- Homefirst Finance
- Thomas Cook
|Number of visiting companies||43|