Training and Placement is an integral and a very important part of the academic career of any engineering graduate seeking right perspective and orientation before entering into the job market. In addition to the academic and technical background, the candidates do need to develop their personality, acquire communication skills and positive attitude for a job. Ammini College of Engineering has a Training and Placement Centre exclusively for taking care of the above activities and for inviting reputed companies for campus selection. The centre acts as a morale booster to extend all possible assistance to career conscious students. Multinational companies are in need of well groomed personalities with the right mix of academics and soft skills relating to communication, teamwork, leadership, body language, stress management etc. The TPC is striving to provide training in the above areas. The TPC also arranges frequent visits to industries as part of co-curricular programs so as to provide an industrial exposure to the students. The students are provided with good interaction opportunities with the industry people as well as the faculty.
Training Curriculum- A meticulously designed curriculum is exclusively meant to train students to reach the heights. Training is being done on both placement perspective as well individual personality developments. The curriculum details are prepared to satisfy the needs of the corporate world and encompasses the following main areas:
- Soft Skills
- English Communication
- Aptitude Skills
- C Programming
- Quantitative Aptitude- More that 70% of the companies use aptitude as the first step in the recruitment process. Entire selection of the candidate is based on his performance in the aptitude test generally, the first round in the process. Most of the students find it difficult to complete the test paper in the right time. So in Ammini College of Engineering, the training and placement cell conducts regular training and aptitude tests in the campus to improve the students skills.The scores in the tests determine the candidates standing in the competition outside.
- The Interview- Regular mock interviews are conducted during the training sessions to improve the students performance in interviews conducted by the major companies. Students are also encouraged to attend as many interviews as possible. All formal training procedures are conducted and experts from the industry are also invited to conduct lectures and seminars on interview skills.
- Seminar on Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy at IRTC, Mundur on April 25, 2015.
- CMC National Eligibility Test ( CNET) conducted for all pre-final year and final year students at campus-March, 2015.
- Life Skills Development Seminar by Dr. Beena Dharman, February 2015.
- In house Employee Engagement Program- Team Dynamics by Ms. Neethu Jagdish, Trainer- October, 2014.
- Seminar on Start ups and successful Entrepreneurship by Mr. Damodar Avanoor, Director, Chethana Group of Companies- October, 2014.
- Faculty Development Programme- August, 2014
Training & Placement Cell Emails