Many multinational and well-known Indian conglomerates regularly visit there campus every year for their requirement of high caliber human resources.
T & P Office motivates and prepares students for the interviews and prospective workplaces. Careful and systematic preparation is initiated and sustained for this purpose. The training and placement cell takes pride in offering student services like consultation on a wide range of issues such as employment, career planning, opportunities available, etc. Thereby preparing students effectively for their career. As a result of highly focused and continuous efforts of T & P Cell, every year all eligible students are placed. Many students also fetch multiple placements. This year 159 students received offers in dream companies and salary offered on a average is around Rs. 6.3 lakh per annum.
- The placement office commences its process by sending placement invitation to the companies enclosing a brief summary of the academic curriculum.
- Also attached is the Job Response Form (JRF) required to be filled in by the company as a confirmation. This completed form comprising a brief company profile is to be sent to the placement office by the recruiting firm.
- The Training & Placement Office conducts an orientation program for the students during which, placement procedure, placement policy, etc. are discussed and all the doubts students may have are addressed.
- Then the placement office collects students' information in the Bio-data form.
- The company has a choice of visiting the campus for a Pre-Placement Talk either before the selection processes or along with the final recruitment.
- On receipt of confirmation and JRF, the placement office announces the requirements of the company, thereby allowing interested students to indicate their willingness to participate in particular companies' Campus Recruitment Procedure and resumes of these students are then submitted to the company.
- The company shortlists the candidate from the application pool and then sends the same to the Placement Office.
- A mutually convenient date for the selection processes is finalized.
- The company is required to present the final list of students as soon as possible (preferably on the same day), after completion of the selection process.
- Feedback from the recruiters about students performance and quality is collected and is passed on the respective departments for further necessary action, if any.
- The offer letters of the selected students are sent by the companies to the Placement Office which is then handed over to the students. Acceptances of the offer (provided by the students) is received and sent to the company by the Placement Office.
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Training & Placement Activites
- Arrangement for internships and industrial visits to help students get industry projects; Introduction of differed placement to encourage entrepreneurship on the lines of IIT. Sessions are organized by industry experts and start ups to help students to interact with different profile companies which help them guide towards starting their own ventures .
- Promotes career counseling through guidance lectures by senior corporate executives; Arranges training programs by professional trainers to prepare students for competitive exams like GATE, GRE, GMAT, CAT, CET and TOEFL; and for aptitude as well as personality development.
- Awards and recognition by companies such as TCS , Cognizant , Citus Tech , Credit Suisse, and few start ups to encourage students and motivate them for their Innovative ideas , projects and activities
- Industry – Academia Linkages; As a step towards this vision, S.P.I.T. shares a symbiotic relation with major recruiters like Microsoft, Nvidia, MorganStanley, CreditSuisse, Barclays, Diebold, JP Morgan Chase, MuSigma, SAP, Mitsubishi, Cognizant, TCS, IBM, and many more.
- Also conducts Soft Skill Programs for Students.
- Conducts mock quantitative aptitude tests, technical aptitude tests, group discussions in order to prepare students for Placement Interviews.
Contact Details of Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Contact No:+91-022-26707440 , +91-022- 26708520 , +91-022-26701410 , +91-022-26287250
Address:Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Bhavan’s Campus, Munshi Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400 058