Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology endeavor is to keep the needs of the industry in perspective and in turn make the learning more pragmatic and applicable. SVIET has been successful in adding more and more companies in the list of its recruiters in last few years. The corporate cell at SVIET tries to bridge the gap between analytical and functional skills by providing the best fit to the students. SVIET students are ready to undertake any challenge right from the first day of their professional life. The continuous efforts of TP team headed by The Director –TP and has independent staff consisting of TPOs faculty and students placement coordinators drawn from various department of SVIET, have built a fruitful and long lasting relationship with various organizations. The T&P Cell of SVIET strives for converting every student into a 100% employable asset while they are pursuing their education with SVIET and endeavors for accomplishing the concept of "One Person One job".
The cell maintains regular interaction with the corporate houses through Orientation Programs, Guest Lectures, industry visit, Corporate get-togethers, Alumni Interaction etc. Training & Placement helps students by counseling them to choose an appropriate career depending on their aptitude and interest. The centre also takes the responsibility of conducting events like MDP’S, Personality Development Programs for the students, Conferences & Seminars and Education & Career Fairs etc.
SVIET Objectives of this department are as follows:
• Assist students to develop their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group discussion.
• Assist students to develop and implement successful job search strategies.
• Work with faculty members, department heads and administration to integrate career planning with academic curriculum.
• Empower students with life long career decision making skills.
• Providing resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
• Act as an interface among students, alumni, and the employment community.
• Aware all the students regarding future career options.
• Assisting different companies in recruiting candidates as per their requirements.
• Coordinating summer training/internship program.
• Bridging gap between Industry and Academia.