Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
Scholarships are the basic requirements that the students with financial restrains seek from the institution they are about to take admission in. These scholarships can also be awarded to the students with excellent academic records with excellence in current pursuing programme. IIM Trichy offers these scholarships to the students who are meritorious and/or are in need of financial aid to complete their desired course from the institution. Indian Institute of Management Trichy Scholarships are basically the Government of India Scholarships that are awarded to selected students taking admission in the Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) offered by the institution. There are total of five Government of India Scholarships that are awarded to the students of Indian Institute of Management Tirchy on the norms described by the Ministries of Government of India. Given below are the details of these IIM Tirchy scholarships
Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes Students
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs are responsible for the deciding the eligibility criteria of the scholarships of this category. As the name suggests the scholarships are meant for the students belonging to the Scheduled Tribes Community of the society. Considering the needs of the ST candidates the scholarship will be provided. Under this category there more categories for the students with different eligibility norms. Details of this can be checked on the official website of Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for Scheduled Caste Students
With an aim to provide top class education for the students belonging to the Scheduled Castes category, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has initiated this scholarship scheme. As per the norms students will be awarded with some amount (in terms of percentage) of money with respect to their tuition fee wavier. Details about the scholarships of this category can be read on the official site of National Scholarship Portal.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
Offered by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, these scholarships have been coiled under the Umbrella Scholarship Scheme for Student with Disabilities. Scholarships like Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities, Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities including Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities are available for students of this category.
Merit cum Means based Scholarship for Students Belonging to Minority Communities
Ministry of Minority Affairs look after the scholarships distributed to the students belonging to the minority communities. Scholarships types include Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities, Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities and Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS.
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation Scholarship Scheme
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation offers scholarships for differently abled group of youths every year. More than two thousand scholarships are circulated every year by the concerned departments and among these few scholarships have been assigned for the students taking admission in IIM Trichy. For more information about this scholarship, students can refer to the official website of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
Students who wish to apply for any of these scholarships must remember few pointers. These are as follows:
- It is very important that the scholarships are claimed only from source. Candidates who qualify in more than one scholarship scheme will have to inform to the IIM Trichy scholarship committee in advance before the approval of the next scholarship.
- Any changes made in the eligibility criteria for gaining scholarship or percentage of waiver, must reside in the hands of the concerned Ministry of Government of India. No other authority shall take the decision on behalf of the Ministries.
- Scholarships provided will be subject to the approval of the Ministry and of the institution.
- Scholarship withdrawal will reside with the institution. This can happen if the applicant is found guilty in context to submitting wrong documents or false statements regarding the information given at the time of claiming the scholarship.
- Scholarships shall also be taken off from the students if they indulge in anti-national activities or disobeying the rules and regulations of the institution.
- Any misconduct or disciplinary issue reported for the scholarship holder, would also lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship from the concerned person.
Interested in this college?
Other Popular Management Colleges in Tiruchirappalli View All
Top 10 Management Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli
Address:NIT Campus (Post) Thanjavore Main Road, Thuvakudi, Tiruchirappalli - 620 015, Tamil Nadu, India.