Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
r. P. C. Alexander Scholarship
H.E. Dr. P.C.Alexander, Governor of Maharastra who was a student in the college in the intermediate class during 1936-38 has donated Rs. 600 to this college. The Annual interest of the amount will be used for the award of scholarships to eligible students.
P. G. Nair Memorial Fellowship
This Fellowship is instituted by the children of Late Vidwan P. Gopalan Nair. The interest accrued annually from an endowment of Rs. 11,00,000/- will be used to provide Fellowship to brilliant research scholars in Malayalam.
During the Platinum Jubilee period, three scholarships were instituted by our Alumni abroad (Mr. George Varghese & Mr. Shaji Varghese, U.S.A., Mr. Thomas A. George, Kuwait and Dr. M.G. Sarngadharan U.S.A. The objective of this scholarships is to lend a helping hand to needy students of the College who cannot otherwise, continue their studies. The interest on the endowed capital will be available every year under the scheme. The student grantees need to execute a bond that the loan will be repaid after they start earning a regular income.
- Liberty Loan Scholarship Allocation for the current year Rs. 10,000.00
- Trinity loan scholarship from Madapad, Alummootil Foundation Allocation for the current year Rs. 5,300.00
- Vidawan P.G.Nair Loan Scholarship Rs. 10,600.00
- Dr. Alexander Zachariah Loan Scholarship Rs. 1,400.00
Trinity Scholarship from the Madapad Alummootil Foundation N.Parur In addition to Trinity loan scholarship and Trinity scholarship in Mathematics, the foundation has instituted an aid fund scheme. ( pre allocation for the current year ) Rs. 5,300.00
Middents Endowment for Psychology department (condition to be decided by the department) instituted by Dr. Gerald Middents, Austin , U.S.A Rs. 4,800.00
Prof . T.R. Anantharaman Endowment Instituted by the Chemistry Dept. Rs. 5,300.00
Prof. Mathew Koshy Endowment scholarship for MCA students to the top scorer of first semester Mathematics Rs. 600.00
Kulangara Scholarship :
Dr. Abraham C. Kulangara Scholarships : Six Scholarships of Rs. 2000/- each, one each for the second year B.A. and B.Sc., third year B.A. and B.Sc. and Second year M.A. and M.Sc. classes (the selection of students for the Scholarships in consultation with the scholarship committee constituted by the College staff council, on the basis of merit and need)
B.Sc. and Second year M.A. and M.Sc. classes (the selection of students for the Scholarships in consultation with the scholarship committee constituted by the College staff council, on the basis of merit and need)
Scholarships and prizes endowed by the Chechamma Memorial Trust :-
The Chechamma Memorial Trust has instituted ten prizes of Rs. 200.00 each in memory of eminent teachers who served the College during the early years. These teachers are :
Dr. T.I. Poonen Prof. T. B. Ninan
Prof. K. Jacob Rev. T. V. John
Prof. C.P. Andrews Prof. A. Aruvamuda Iyengar
Prof. T. S. Venkitaraman Prof. D.P. Unni
Prof. Kuttippuzha Krishna Pilla
The prizes have been listed under the different departments.
Five more scholarships also were instituted by the Trust to be awarded on the basis of intellectual merit and financial need. The five scholarships are named as follows :
K.C. Chacko Memorial Scholarship
A.M. Varki Memorial Scholarship
C.P. Mathew Memorial Scholarship
V.M. Ittyerah Memorial Scholarship
R.O. Hicks Memorial Scholarship
All the five men with whose names these Scholarships are associated were distinguished teachers who were on the staff of this College, men of outstanding ability who willingly accepted teaching as their vocation and dedicated themselves to it. A brief account of their life and work is given in the following pages.
Kano Yamomoto Scholarship
This Scholarship is given from the interest of the amount gifted by Prof. Kano Yamomoto of International Christian University, Tokyo, through the UBCHEA. The Scholarship is given to each student selected by a committee on the basis of merit cum means. This year the amount comes to Rs. 1300/- approximately.
- National Loan Scholarships :- Given to Indian Nationals to all courses after Matriculation of SSLC leading to Ist degree Post-Graduate and for post MA/MSc stages. Those who gain 50 percent aggregate marks in the qualifying examination are eligible. Students who get scholarships/ stipends under any other scheme are not eligible. Forms of application may be obtained from the Director of Collegiate Education on payment of Rs. 2.00.
- Government of India Scholarships to the students from non-Hindi speaking States :- Awarded strictly on merit basis.
- National merit Scholarship:-Strictly on merit basis.If the income exceeds, certificate of merit and national prize of Rs. 100.00 will be awarded. Income limit is not applicable to Post-Graduate students.
- National Merit Scholarships for the children of Primary and Secondary School Teachers :- Will be awarded to the children of serving teachers only according to merit and availability.
- Scholarships to Physically Handicapped Students :- Candidate should secure at least 40 percent marks at the previous annual examination.
- State Scholarship:Awarded on merit-cum-means basis to students who secure 50 percent and above marks in the aggregate. (All the above scholarships are awarded by the Director of Collegiate Education and applications will be invited separately and the detailed rules for the award will be published annually.)
- University Merit Scholarship :- Awarded by the University strictly on merit basis subject-wise.
Interested in this college?
Top 10 Science Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Union Christian College, Aluva
Address:UNION CHRISTIAN COLLEGE Aluva 683102 , Kerala, South India