Trent University is a mid-sized liberal arts and science-oriented institution located along the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario, with a satellite campus in Oshawa, which serves the Regional Municipality of Durham.
The enabling legislation is the Trent University Act, 1962-63.The university was founded through the efforts of a citizens' committee interested in creating a university to serve the City of Peterborough and the surrounding counties. The committee recruited Dean Thomas H.B. Symons of the University of Torontoto serve as chair of the academic planning committee and Symons became the university’s first president.
The current chancellor of Trent University is Don Tapscott,the first alumnus to hold that position, and Leo Groarke is the president and vice-chancellor
• Excellent Student-faculty ratio of 19:1
• 95 percent of students are employed six months after graduation
• Offers programs in 39 different countries
• Has over 30 International Clubs, Groups and Organizations that a student can join
Awards and Rankings
Trent University of the many awards,--
- Humanities Award
- City of Peterborough Entrance Award
- CIBC Nursing Award
- International Scholarships and Awards
Contact Details of Trent University, Peterborough
Contact No:+1 705-748-1011
Address:Trent University, 1600 West Bank Drive, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada K9J 7B8