University of Birmingham is situated in Birmingham in England state of United Kingdom. Established in 1828, it is accredited from Other and it is affiliated to University of Birmingham (B32). UOB, Birmingham offers 13 courses across 6 streams namely Management, Science, Engineering, Commerce & Banking, IT, Paramedical and across 5 degrees like BSc, B.Tech, MSc, MBA, M.Tech.Hostel facility is not available for its students.
Awards and Rankings
- In 2013, Birmingham was crowned 'University of the Year 2014' in the Times Higher Education awards
- The 2013 QS World University Rankings places Birmingham University at 10th in the UK and 62nd internationally.
- Birmingham was ranked 12th in the UK in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise with 16 percent of the university's research regarded as world-leading and a further 41 percent as internationally excellent, with particular strengths in the fields of music, physics, biosciences, computer science, mechanical engineering, political science, international relations and law.
- Course satisfaction was at 85% in 2011 which grew to 88% in 2012.
- In 2015 the Complete University Guide placed Birmingham 5th in the UK for graduate prospects, behind only Imperial, St.George's, Cambridge and Bath.
- Data from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) placed the University amongst the twelve elite institutions who among them take more than half of the students with the highest A-level grades.
- Owing to Birmingham's role as a centre of light engineering, the university traditionally had a special focus on science, engineering and commerce, as well as coal mining. It now teaches a full range of academic subjects and has five-star rating for teaching and research in several departments; additionally, it is widely regarded as making a prominent contribution to cancer studies, hosting the first Cancer Research UK Centre.
- The School of Computer Science ranked 1st in the 2014 Guardian University Guide, 4th in the 2013 Sunday Times League Table and 6th in the 2014 Sunday Times League Table.
Contact Details of University of Birmingham, Birmingham
Contact No:+44 (0)121 414 2894
Address:The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT United Kingdom