Courses & Exams
News & Articles
- Welcome to the University of Manitoba - western Canada's first university. Founded more than 137 years ago, and located in the heart of the country, college are the region’s largest and only research intensive university offering over 100 degrees, diplomas, and certificates – more than 60 at the undergraduate level including professional disciplines such as medicine, law, and engineering.Our energetic university community is comprised of close to 30,000 students, 8,700 faculty and staff, and 190,000 alumni. Nearly 13 per cent of our current students are international, representing close to 104 countries.The University of Manitoba is located on Anishinabe and Metis traditional land and is home to a thriving community of Indigenous researchers, staff and more than 2,000 First Nations, Metis and Inuit students, including over 150 graduate students — one of the largest Indigenous student bodies in the country.
- University stimulates over $1.8 billion in economic activity in the province, and we are leaders in Manitoba’s knowledge economy with groundbreaking research in areas such as nanotechnology, functional foods and nutraceuticals, HIV/AIDS, and climate change.
- With a strong legacy of excellence to guide us, the University of Manitoba and its dynamic community of researchers, students, teachers and staff, are addressing the challenges facing Canada and the world in the 21st century.
- The University of Manitoba is a coeducational, nondenominational, government-supported institution. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities and of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.
- Over 100 years of academic experience
- Ranked 15th among the Canadian universities-Mclean’s university rankings
- One of the largest, most comprehensive, and only research-intensive post-secondary educational institution
- Scholarships and co-op services available
- Student-focused first year program provides a flexible learning environment for students to explore their interests and the diverse range of academic options available at our university.
U OF M, Winnipeg Placement
- Practicum Placements
- Teacher Candidates are required to complete a practicum request form. The placement process is coordinated by the SEO. In most cases, Teacher Candidates are placed at the same school with the same Faculty Advisor for both terms of the school year. Although the SEO tries to accommodate all teacher candidate requests, we also must ...
Awards and Rankings
- Louis Riel Institute Awards
- Undergraduate Research Awards
- Program specific awards
- University of Manitoba Senate approved awards
Contact Details of University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
Contact No:+1 800-432-1960
Address:University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3T 2N2